Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

childcare

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 1 Replies
Does anyone do childcare while they home school??
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I don't currently, but I did.    However, I only took on 4 bef/aft school kids and one very part time toddler in the afternoons.   This kept me at the state limit of 4 without having to be licenced.   I probably PROFITTED about $250 a month after paying for supplies, snacks, breakfast, etc... however, that included healthy snacks and breakfast for my own three kids, too, so that was a perk.  During the summer, I probably profitted about $400 monthly, but it also provided my kids with lunch, too and a second snack during the day.   Also, my rates were low since we lived in a more modest (poor) area.

I had to stay VERY busy, VERY regimented, and VERY organized to get it all done.   For example, I couldn't let myself run out of milk, oranges, whatever... because I couldn't just run to the store.   I had to plan our meals, snacks, and have a plan of attack for homeschooling them around the other kids time frame.

I also knew another mother that did actual licensed child care.  She was a widow and her mother lived "with" them in an upstairs apartment.    She had teens that were in the public school, and a 9 yr old that she primarily used time4learning.com.  She did things for the child care that could be educational for her daughter, too.   She had pets in the classroom like sea horses and other fish, hampsters, etc... she had her daughter learning to cook, draw, etc... with the daycare children.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)