Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Daily schedule?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
Daily schedule?

Hey ladies! I'm working on a new daily schedule. I will be changing jobs from working days to working nights. So I'm going to redo our schedule. How exactly do you all design your daily schedule? Do you use a template/calendar? What is your daily schedule? Also do you have special days when you go to the park, library, etc? Need ideas!
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM

We don't have a set schedule.  Friday is our easy day because we have co-op meetings then.  The rest of the week, we try to start by 9:30.  I let DS pick the order he does stuff in.  I have a daily lesson plan, but as long as we get it done I don't care about the order or what time we do things.  We are better when we just wing it.

Maridel
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I'm pretty relaxed on my schedule, but I have a list of subjects I'd like to get to each day so I make sure I don't forget to include certain subjects that week that we don't do daily. Its more of a reminder "ok we've done math, spelling, art, what's next?" I try to keep Wednesdays short and Fridays short so we have time for playgrounds, libraries, etc.. and Friday is our Co-op day. 

Maridel
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM

And we dont start or end at any specific time cause our wake up times vary.

mhaney03
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM

We make sure to do bible, math and English FIRST every day just in case something comes up that we can't finish the rest of the day for whatever reason.  After that I have science, geography, home ec, maybe an extra writing assignment, art.....

oredeb
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM

i just use one of those cheap notebooks, i put the date and then the lessons

9-1 homeschooling

before 9  , eat breakfast, clean up room, feed animals, and other chores they can get done

after 1- they play read ride bikes dig nothing sit around crafts till 5 then they help with dinner and animals

we mostly do field trips, parks library on fridays, but sometimes we will toss out the schedule/lesson plan and do something else

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I'm still new to this, but so far we start around 9, and they each have a checklist to do (I lesson plan in pencil in a planner, then I type it for them...Science and History are already typed and planned for a couple months, so I just copy and paste it into their schedule).  They can go in any order, but it's helpful to me if one chooses something independent and the other chooses something they need me for, so far they have been pretty good at this.

They have been finishing around 1:30, and I leave for work at 2 or 2:30..we also stop for lunch around 12, and they eat a snack around 10, but they work through it.  We have been listening to the bible during lunch which seems to work out-and it saves my voice ;)

On Wednesdays we have a co op class every other week.  We plan to go to the library on Fridays (which is also a lighter day most weeks).  On 2 Mondays a month we will meet at the library for a research and reporting group (I think...).  And the co op also has field trips on the opposite Wednesdays as the class, but I'm not sure we can make it to many since they don't start until 1 and I would have to leave by 2 most days to get the kids home so I can go to work.

I tried organizing a schedule where the kids did things in a specific order-but I didn't like the idea once we started, it was TOO structured for us.  We need some structure, but not like that.  When I tried to do it, I wrote the subjects on Post it notes-different colors for each kid, and just lined them up and then I could move them around...it really helped me to make the plan, I just chose not to use it ;)

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM

We are really laid back at the moment.  My girls wake up and do their morning routine, and then they read for about 30 min...by then I am getting up...that is around 8.  We have breakfast and then one of them works on their 50 states project and the other math and then they switch.  We have lunch and then quiet time....then the extracurriculars sneak in.   I have been avoiding the library because I always end up having to pay them money no matter how hard I try to get those books back on time, and it is to dang hot to hit the playground.  I hope to get a more balanced schedule down by the end of the month.  We don't officially start back until January....right now we have a lot of child led learning taking place in a very relaxed setting with Mom occasionally challenging them with their math and reading.

With our curriculum we are started no later than 10.  They do Bible, seatwork, phonics, writting, arithmetic, and then art, music, science, community helpers, health and manners, or social studies depending on where they are in the year and what day of the week it is.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I'm still new to this too but I don't have an actual time schedule, just a list of tasks to complete and estimated times.  I typically do most of our math, science and writing when DS is napping.  We do reading and a few games while he's awake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN