Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I need ideas on how to spend my son's allotment money.

Posted by   + Show Post

I decided last minute to register him to a state funded homeschool program. I already bought the complete curriculum, science kits, school supplies and etc. 

How will you spend the $2000? The computer and tablet are excluded from this allotment but I chose not to buy new computer or tablet. We don't need it right now. Maybe next  year.

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
mommy4lyf
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I don't have a laminator yet =) thanks... I have 2 printers that will need toners.

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Laminator and supplies? Printer?

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM
If you have printers, I would buy printer paper and the ink toner. I would also buy some crayons and activity books. Along with pencils and erasers. You could also think about getting book bags/backpacks. Do you have a chalk board or a white board?
jadedcynic
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM

You're not getting none of those?

Maybe you should consider an English tutor?

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Everything that is related to his individual learning plan. Includings lessons and private tutors but we're not getting none of those.

Quoting usmom3:

What are you allowed to spend it on?

mommy4lyf
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:27 PM

No. It's not applicable. My son is receiving Speech Therapy 3x a week. I am considering Math tutor but not now. I can still handle it.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Everything that is related to his individual learning plan. Includings lessons and private tutors but we're not getting none of those.

Quoting usmom3:

jadedcynic
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM

"we're not getting none of those" is a double negative and grammatically incorrect. If you are teaching him English, he should learn it from someone who can recognize it.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

No. It's not applicable. My son is receiving Speech Therapy 3x a week. I am considering Math tutor but not now. I can still handle it.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting usmom3:

mommy4lyf
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Yes. I am considering toners and papers coz I print workbooks and worksheets. Someone mentioned laminator (that... I don't have yet). I have 2 whiteboards already and easel papers I used a lot so I will include that in my list. Crayons and color pencils are always needed =)

Quoting kirbymom:

If you have printers, I would buy printer paper and the ink toner. I would also buy some crayons and activity books. Along with pencils and erasers. You could also think about getting book bags/backpacks. Do you have a chalk board or a white board?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Do they allow you to buy items like printers? We can't buy easels as they are considered furniture, not supplies.
mommy4lyf
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My son have receptive-expressive language disorder. English tutor is not a priority right now. As, I said, he's receiving speech therapy 3x a week.

Sorry, English is just my second language...thank you for correcting me.

Quoting jadedcynic:

"we're not getting none of those" is a double negative and grammatically incorrect. If you are teaching him English, he should learn it from someone who can recognize it.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting usmom3:

mommy4lyf
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Just the easel pads for writing. Yes. The printers are also covered but I got two already.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Do they allow you to buy items like printers? We can't buy easels as they are considered furniture, not supplies.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mommy4lyf:

My son have receptive-expressive language disorder. English tutor is not a priority right now. As, I said, he's receiving speech therapy 3x a week.

Sorry, English is just my second language...thank you for correcting me.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting jadedcynic:

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Quoting usmom3:

You're fine. I assumed this isn't your native tongue. I have a deep love for the language, but I think it is nasty to behave in such a rude manner to someone who makes simple grammatical errors, and I am sorry that someone chose to use her sarcasm rather than her kindness when rudely correcting you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)