Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Does your children wake up? I am jeoulous of this morning alone time I keep reading about.
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Quoting marrionsmommy:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting marrionsmommy:
Quoting usmom3:

We have a very different schedule then most. Hubby dose not have to be at work until Noon & is not home until 10:30PM. So we don't get up for the day before 10:00AM, I do not wake the children up, they get up when they wake up on their own any where from before I get up to as late as 1:00PM. Our bedtime is not until Midnight & that is just what time everyone goes to their rooms to read or do things quietly. Some nights they stay up later reading or playing quietly.

This is us except dh works at 4pm and gets home at 2..so ds bedtime is 1030 but usually closer to 11pm. He wakes up around 1030-11 . Gets breakfast, dressed and watches tv till 1130- noon when dh and I are up. Now that imwatching a friends daughter Tuesdays and Thursdays we wake up at 8 am (ouch lol) so on those days we start school at 10 and are done 2 hrs earlier . I cant stand waking up at 8 though .

Homeschooling is very nice for those messed up work schedules! It is nice to know I am not the only one with a wacky schedule.

Yep plus dhs days off are monday and tuesday so if we wanna go do something on one of those days we can. Last tuesday we went swimming, and last monday we had a bbq. It was nice to not have to worry about a million kids at the pool and a load of kids outside trying to bum food off us and inviting themselves to our bbq lol. With dhs scedule mon and tuesday afternoons would be theonly time ds would see his dad. Now he sees him everyday and can spend as much time with him as he wants. Since hhomeschooling ds is actually gotten sooo much closer to dh then even I expected and has turned into such a daddys boy lol.

Yeah my kids are getting to have a great relationship with their Dad because they get to see him more then they would if they went to PS. I kind of wish my hubby's days off where weekdays instead of the weekends so that when we did go do things it was less crowded. We do try to take vacations in the off seasons so everything is less crowded then.

Maridel
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM

My kids are up around 8:30, and I drag myself out of bed when they get up lol. My toddlers still wakes up at night so I have a hard time getting up no matter what time. My almost 7 year old though is starting to sleep later and sleeps til almost 10 somedays. She has a hard time falling asleep though, I can check on her two hours after I put her to bed and she's still awake (in the dark, lol, just talking to herself and her stuffed animals). And she's a 12 hour sleeper. I like that they can sleep in and let their bodies rest until they are ready to get up. 

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:21 AM

When my oldest was 2ish, I read an article about kids that wake before the sun and are just so active, their parents would have the house cleaned and tons of food made before the sun rose.  I thought, my kid wakes up early, but not THAT early.  Then they listed the actual time.  Turns out my kid WAS that kid, but sleeping on his floor while he played on and around me wasn't getting the house cleaned or the food made.  :)

I wake up anywhere between 4:30 and 6, my kids start waking up somewhere in the 6 o'clock hour, and I'm getting the rest up to make sure we start our day by 8.  My super early morning guy (when he was 2)?  He's my late sleeper these days.  But man, oh man, he was the first one up for his brother's birthday yesterday!

Quoting debramommyof4:

So far I am the only ones with kids that wake up before the sun. I am so cheated. It does not matter if I put them to bed at midnight they are up before 6 the next morning and they are going to have a rough day.

I am not getting up that early now that they are old enough to come in my room for tv time or play in the playroom safely. I get up at 7 and get them breakfast and then we start school at 8. The only free time I get is the 2 hours I make them nap after lunch and that only is sometimes because my 7 year old is usually down about 10 times even with a book before it is time to get up.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I need to reschedule my days but it is hard because I have to be up till 12, sometimes even as late as 2 to get everything done. Then I am up at 7 to take care of everything.

Once the kids start helping more, which I am working on then maybe I can go to bed earlier.

Quoting hwblyf:

When my oldest was 2ish, I read an article about kids that wake before the sun and are just so active, their parents would have the house cleaned and tons of food made before the sun rose.  I thought, my kid wakes up early, but not THAT early.  Then they listed the actual time.  Turns out my kid WAS that kid, but sleeping on his floor while he played on and around me wasn't getting the house cleaned or the food made.  :)

I wake up anywhere between 4:30 and 6, my kids start waking up somewhere in the 6 o'clock hour, and I'm getting the rest up to make sure we start our day by 8.  My super early morning guy (when he was 2)?  He's my late sleeper these days.  But man, oh man, he was the first one up for his brother's birthday yesterday!

Quoting debramommyof4:

So far I am the only ones with kids that wake up before the sun. I am so cheated. It does not matter if I put them to bed at midnight they are up before 6 the next morning and they are going to have a rough day.

I am not getting up that early now that they are old enough to come in my room for tv time or play in the playroom safely. I get up at 7 and get them breakfast and then we start school at 8. The only free time I get is the 2 hours I make them nap after lunch and that only is sometimes because my 7 year old is usually down about 10 times even with a book before it is time to get up.

Cemommster
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

the youngest is 6 and usually between 7 and 8.  I miss the 9 of summertime.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:32 PM

My oldest dd and ds would love your schedule,lol. My youngest dd needs to be in bed no later than 8 though, even on the weekends. She gets super cranky if she doesn't have her set routine. She's a bit of a control freak,lol.

Quoting usmom3:

We have a very different schedule then most. Hubby dose not have to be at work until Noon & is not home until 10:30PM. So we don't get up for the day before 10:00AM, I do not wake the children up, they get up when they wake up on their own any where from before I get up to as late as 1:00PM. Our bedtime is not until Midnight & that is just what time everyone goes to their rooms to read or do things quietly. Some nights they stay up later reading or playing quietly.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM

My ds usually wakes up between 8 and 9. Today he's just getting out of bed right now. I should probably get off CM and make him breakfast,lol.

KimmyPoo
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM
They wake up @7 but don't do school still 8:30
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I sometimes wish we got up earlier because I like to get out & back home before the schools get out for the day. With them getting up late some days I don't get to do that!

Quoting paganbaby:

My oldest dd and ds would love your schedule,lol. My youngest dd needs to be in bed no later than 8 though, even on the weekends. She gets super cranky if she doesn't have her set routine. She's a bit of a control freak,lol.

Quoting usmom3:

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM
It doesn't matter what time they go to bed, they are up by 7:30 at the latest. I'm hoping this changes a bit with the darkness lasting longer! But I doubt it. They have always been early risers. I get up by 8, but I don't typically leave my room until 8 lol. They are old enough to take care of themselves for a bit in the morning.

I have tried letting them have a later bedtime, but then they still get up at 7 and are grumpy from lack of sleep. So it's lights out at 8:30 here, but that works for us with our schedules. DH and I then spend some time alone together before he heads off to work and I go to bed. Then he gets home by 8am and we can all spend a little time together before he goes to bed and we get to schoolwork around 9.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN