Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

While I was having my morning coffee

Posted by   + Show Post

This morning while I was outside on the back porch having my coffee, my wee one came out there with a pencil and workbook and asked if we could work outside today. (he had still been asleep when I went out there)

We haven't done this  yet but it did make me smile. I smiled because my child has the option to work outside in the sun rather than be cooped up.

Just one more reason I know I made the right choice!

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Replies (11-19):
amanda.lyn
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Awe, that's so awesome! :-)
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I so agree with this, especially the bugs part.  My poor son has bites all over from the stupid mosquitoes and nothing seems to deter them. 

Quoting hwblyf:

I can't wait until the weather is cool enough to do things like that.  Oh, and the bugs die a thousand deaths.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I googled something about the biting flies because I have serious reactions to them (I really need to get an epipen again).  One of the state's sites told me to avoid the flies.  That was their for real advice.  Thanks, I never would have come up with that on my own.  :)

Quoting kmath:

I so agree with this, especially the bugs part.  My poor son has bites all over from the stupid mosquitoes and nothing seems to deter them. 

Quoting hwblyf:

I can't wait until the weather is cool enough to do things like that.  Oh, and the bugs die a thousand deaths.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Love it! I cant wait to do school work outside! Its so hot outside right now.
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM

DS is allergic to sand gnats.  He isn't bad enough to need an epi-pen but it is pretty uncomfortable.  It really sucks during baseball season because they are horrible out at the fields and not much really keeps them away.

I can't believe their advice was to stay away from them.  SMH, yeah like that is really practical!

Quoting hwblyf:

I googled something about the biting flies because I have serious reactions to them (I really need to get an epipen again).  One of the state's sites told me to avoid the flies.  That was their for real advice.  Thanks, I never would have come up with that on my own.  :)

Quoting kmath:

Quoting hwblyf:

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't NEEDED the epipen yet, but I had 2 bites and my entire leg was swollen and the bite sites were hardened and red.  :(  I have carried an epipen in the past, but it's been almost 20 years since my last episode, so I don't any more.  Apparently, while anaphylactic reactions to biting insects are rare, having had an anaphylactic reaction in the past moves me up the probability chart.  :(

Sand gnats.....don't you wish there was some cure all?  Just rub him down in olive oil and that's the end of it (just as an example, not for real).  That's frustrating.  As a kid I was so determined not to let my allergies keep me from things.  As an adult, I just want to stop being miserable, so if that means I can't step foot out my door, then that's what I do.  I've gone downhill in this life.  :)

Quoting kmath:

DS is allergic to sand gnats.  He isn't bad enough to need an epi-pen but it is pretty uncomfortable.  It really sucks during baseball season because they are horrible out at the fields and not much really keeps them away.

I can't believe their advice was to stay away from them.  SMH, yeah like that is really practical!

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting kmath:

Quoting hwblyf:

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you haven't needed it, that crap can be major scary.  I am like that with bee stings, needless to say, I am terrified of them. 

Yeah, a cure all would be awesome!  DS refuses to let them keep him from playing, but he is not a happy camper that night. 

Quoting hwblyf:

I haven't NEEDED the epipen yet, but I had 2 bites and my entire leg was swollen and the bite sites were hardened and red.  :(  I have carried an epipen in the past, but it's been almost 20 years since my last episode, so I don't any more.  Apparently, while anaphylactic reactions to biting insects are rare, having had an anaphylactic reaction in the past moves me up the probability chart.  :(

Sand gnats.....don't you wish there was some cure all?  Just rub him down in olive oil and that's the end of it (just as an example, not for real).  That's frustrating.  As a kid I was so determined not to let my allergies keep me from things.  As an adult, I just want to stop being miserable, so if that means I can't step foot out my door, then that's what I do.  I've gone downhill in this life.  :)

Quoting kmath:

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting kmath:

Quoting hwblyf:

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM

LOVE!!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Yay! My fav thing about homeschool is that the kids Ask for learning! I rarely met public schoolers who begged for school work..lol...when we went on vacation last year I had to bring school work, because the year before I hadn't and the kids threw a fit! Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)