Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just wanted to share this incredibly infuriating article.

Posted by   + Show Post

I am incredibly appaled at this article.  It also makes me even more secure in my decisions.  I don't know how to make it clicky....sorry.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/The_Most_Dangerous_Domestic_Spying_Program_is_Common_Core/28590/0/38/38/Y/M.html

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Replies (11-16):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Bump! for later

celticdragon77
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I don't know anyone in here really, but I also don't dislike anyone here either. I do love read many of your posts and anyone who makes a link accessible gets a thumbs up from me.

good

Quoting usmom3:

I think that is a matter of opinion! I am sure there are a few Moms in here that don't like me so much!

I am glad that I was able to find it & make it clicky for you!

I didn't read the whole thing because I have read something similarabout CC a few weeks back. I am really against everything the government wants to do at this point because it is obvious to me that it is not about the American people & what we want any more but what the corporations & lobbyist want.

Quoting coala:

You are awesome!!!  That is it!!!  I don't think we tell you that enough..lol

Quoting usmom3:

Is this it CLICK FOR LINK ?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:44 AM
My mom works at a private daycare center and they are now tracking everything development wise in a record they then give to the public school. Crazy, huh?
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM

That's crazy too!  Then that record can just follow the kids all the way to their career...which will be determined for them based on their records.yikes!

Quoting mem82:

My mom works at a private daycare center and they are now tracking everything development wise in a record they then give to the public school. Crazy, huh?

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM

i read that on another blog a few days ago. Freaky. I don't like it. I guess I still want to be not paranoid and think what is really behind it is corporations that want to make money. as opposed to the government jsut being evil. But even that is bad enough. Corporations are buying the public education system. They weren't successful in privatizing it so far with charters, so they are trying to control all of the curriculum.

Common Core is pretty much ALL Bill Gates' idea, plus a bunch of other old cronies who have a lot of money tied up in publishing companies, test-writing companies, technology companies... they will have a huge market monolopy if they control the curriculum nation-wide. (One of these guys started k12.com too, which is another reason I'm wary of that for homeschooling)

You might find this interesting:

http://deutsch29.wordpress.com/2013/08/27/a-brief-audit-of-bill-gates-common-core-spending/

Also very interesting to me, is both the political far-right and far-left are extemeley opposed to and out-spoken against common core. It makes me belive that the middle ground is all the people who just go with the flow, never question, believe the fluff news articles on how more testing is making us more accountable (sound like bs??), never worry about losing their civil liberties or retaining local control of education AND it goes to show that the average folks in america whole-heartedly believe MORE testing and harder curriculum standards are the answer to better learning. I do not think this is the case, personally. My personal experience working in a public school showed me that standards and testing meant all we taught was what was on the test, and anything meaningful, interesting, thought-provoking, etc. was forgotten.

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

what is also sad, when I look at almost every bit of curricula I bought for home schooling - they all love to put the "common core aligned" stamp on it! sheesh!

Realistically, I don't care about the standards. I don't think it matters exactly what you study when. If all you study is the stuff outlined on common core standards, you'll probalby be fine in life, If you never studied a thing on there but put intensive thought into other subjects, I think you'd probalby be fine in life too. It's the testing, the teach-to-test, the data collecting, and yes, I do think the curriculum materials will be dumbed-down. One would probably learn much more about critical thinking and questioning and the ability to formulate their own opinions of they read many things outside of the common core standards and typical public school education delivery system.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)