Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Moving to Illinois and looking for homeschool groups

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

This winter we are moving to Scott AFB in Illinois, right outside of Belleville. We also arent far from St.Louis. ANyone know of any homeschool groups or activities in this area? 

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Clh! :)

Here is a link to a page that has various homeschooling groups.

Search Results
Illinois Homeschool Groups - Homeschool World
www.home-school.com/groups/IL.html
Illinois Homeschool Groups. Add Your Homeschool Group! Information Out of Date? Just click the link by ...
Homeschooling Support Groups in Illinois - Homeschoolfacts.com
www.homeschoolfacts.com/groups/group...
90+ items - Group Name, City, Website, Email Address, Phone Number.
All Saints Catholic Home Educator‎Antioch‎
ARCH Angels: Aurora Roman Catholic Homeschoolers‎Aurora‎
Illinois - Homeschooling Support Groups & Co-ops ...
www.homeeddirectory.com/homeschooli...
Geographic Area Serving: NW Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Description: Arlington HOUSE (Home ...
Illinois Homeschooling - A2Z Home's Cool | A2Z Homeschooling
a2zhomeschooling.com/.../illinois/illinois...
May 15, 2013 - Resources, support groups and laws for homeschooling in Illinois. Websites ...
Illinois Christian Home Educators | iche.org
www.iche.org/
Home › Illinois Christian Home Educators. For Support Group Leaders. Please sign and return the ...
Chicago and Northern Illinois homeschool cooperatives
chicagolandhomeschoolnetwork.com/co-...
Homeschool co-ops that meet in various locations offering various classes and services to the ...
Illinois Homeschool Groups, Events, & Activities
homeschoolclassifieds.com/groups_activi...
Location, Web/ Email, Summary. Athletics. Aurora, Homeschool Rollerskating. Decatur, Homeschool ...
ILLINOIS Homeschool, best curriculum, Homeschool Group ...
www.edanywhere.com/illinois.html
ILLINOIS Homeschooling: Welcome to ED Anywhere, an affordable high school education program ...
Home Oriented Unique Schooling Experience
www.illinoishouse.org/
Illinois HOUSE is a statewide network of support groups for people involved in homeschooling.
Illinois Homeschooling Information - Time4Learning
www.time4learning.com/homeschool/ho...
Many Illinois homeschoolers select Time4Learning as their homeschooling ... She also gave me the contact info for a homeschool support group in our area called Great Explorers.

I apologize these links aren't clicky. :( If you copy and past them one at a time into your address bar you can check them out this way.
SusanTheWriter
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM

You're in my area!

If you're military, there's SAHME: Scott Area Military Home Educators.

In Belleville, there's the SCCCHE: St Clair County Christian Home Educators.

And not far away in Collinsville, I'm a coordinator for the brand new Collinsville Homeschool Co-Op. :)

On FB, you can find FOCHE (in Edwardsville), Metro East Secular Homeschoolers, Adventures in Homeschooling, the CHC page, as well as several St Louis homeschool groups because Scott is less than half an hour from the Arch. :)

Clh1989
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Thanks so much! Your co-op sounds great! Im excited about it :) Do you have a FB page as well, or is most of it done on that website? We are actually looking at some houses in Collinsville.

Do you know where we can find any HS art, music, or PE?

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

You're in my area!

If you're military, there's SAHME: Scott Area Military Home Educators.

In Belleville, there's the SCCCHE: St Clair County Christian Home Educators.

And not far away in Collinsville, I'm a coordinator for the brand new Collinsville Homeschool Co-Op. :)

On FB, you can find FOCHE (in Edwardsville), Metro East Secular Homeschoolers, Adventures in Homeschooling, the CHC page, as well as several St Louis homeschool groups because Scott is less than half an hour from the Arch. :)

SusanTheWriter
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Here's the CHC FB page.

The YMCA offers homeschool classes in Maryville and Edwardsville for sure. Not positive about Belleville or O'Fallon, but you can check. And each of the co-ops I mentioned have art and music classes, as well.

Having a significant military population automatically means a lot more homeschoolers, but there are plenty of homegrown hs'ers as well in southern IL. IL laws are extremely easy in regards to hs'ing, too.

Clh1989
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Here's the CHC FB page.

The YMCA offers homeschool classes in Maryville and Edwardsville for sure. Not positive about Belleville or O'Fallon, but you can check. And each of the co-ops I mentioned have art and music classes, as well.

Having a significant military population automatically means a lot more homeschoolers, but there are plenty of homegrown hs'ers as well in southern IL. IL laws are extremely easy in regards to hs'ing, too.

Thank you! This has been very helpful :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN