Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Wakey Wakey - Move n Shakey ....

Posted by   + Show Post
Good Morning SweetPeas!

How's it going for you today?

undefined

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Getting stuff done. A great accomplishment. Now you can relax some. I hope? :)

Quoting Ecoseem:

Great!  Ds is away, so I was able to get My homework done, attend the youth soccer parent meeting, and plan on installing some security cameras today.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Oh wow. Sorry for not answering your question before now. It seems like there was a conspiracy to keep me from spending any time with you ladies today. Lol
My day went crazy. Settling arguments, answering phones, talking to customers, fixing dinner, keeping the peace. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but at this point I am too tired to really care. lol
So, how did the rest of your day go?

Quoting Knightquester:

Good morning :-)  So far, so good

We're leaving in 45 minutes for the kids Japanese class.  This afternoon my mom will visit and I get some much needed quality time shopping with her.  When we're done then we're all going out to eat for an early birthday dinner in honor of my youngest daughter.

So what plans do you have this fine Saturday Kirbymom?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Oh no! I hope your dog pulls through. I had a cat then a dig "go to college" when.I was a youngun and it was hard on me for awhile. :(

Sounds like you were able to get some work done at least. What kind of cakes are you baking?

Quoting tuffymama:

I've done some laundry and cleaned my kitchen. I am ashamed to admit that I barely cleaned anything last night before hitting the hay early because we had our big field trip yesterday and the South Georgia heat really zapped me. I wanted to shop today, but the house needs some attention, and I have a beagle in renal failure in need of supervision because he seems to have gotten a little worse while we were gone yesterday (I am afraid he must "go to college" soon). We are finishing up our big eagle craft from this week, and then I plan to lay like broccoli before I bake cakes Sunday and Monday.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Great start to you day. Yay. Did it finish that way too? :)

Quoting Pukalani79:

Today's looking like a good day :)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe but we are hosting a bbq today.  So it may be another long night, then church in the morning.

Quoting kirbymom:

Whoa! Hopefully you get to rest and go to bed earlier tonight.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Tired we stayed up till 2 with friends then all the kids got up at 630 and were being loud, since we have friends over I brought them in my room so I had tome to wake up.

Quoting kirbymom:Good Morning SweetPeas!

How's it going for you today?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Awww! That sucks. :( Is there anything that I can do for you? Sing a song, recite a silly poem, type-read you a story? I wished I lived by you so I could come and help you and your family.
I will certainly keep you all in my prayers. Sending big, fluffy-soft hugs to you!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Hi... sick here..   My older kids started a coughing cold several week (9?) ago.   My son, who had it first is only coughing a little now, but the girls have been bad the past two weeks.   My baby picked it up last week and he's still going with it.   A few days ago, I started feeling it creep in.   Hit full force yesterday.

Baby is also teething on top of the coughing, so when coughing wakes him up... the teething keeps him up.   He's been sleeping with us the past several nights after waking.   So, yes, I'm extrememly short tempered...

so when the kids started hitting one another, I tried to make the effort to deal with it, but talking hurts and I have no voice... so instead... I said, "Clean it all up, you can copy the dictionary for not respecting that Mom is sick." 

Ecoseem
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yah, on my "grown up" days my work breaks in between my relaxing :-)

Quoting kirbymom:

Getting stuff done. A great accomplishment. Now you can relax some. I hope? :)

Quoting Ecoseem:

Great!  Ds is away, so I was able to get My homework done, attend the youth soccer parent meeting, and plan on installing some security cameras today.

"Parent" is a verb.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Youza! Busy woman you are. :) still, I hope you get some sleep-rest at least. :). Have some fun too if you can.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Maybe but we are hosting a bbq today.  So it may be another long night, then church in the morning.

Quoting kirbymom:Whoa! Hopefully you get to rest and go to bed earlier tonight.
Quoting debramommyof4:Tired we stayed up till 2 with friends then all the kids got up at 630 and were being loud, since we have friends over I brought them in my room so I had tome to wake up.
Quoting kirbymom:Good Morning SweetPeas! How's it going for you today?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:29 PM
You mean to say that you get to have "grown up" days?! How do you manage that blessing? lol I need to know your secret!

Quoting Ecoseem:

Oh yah, on my "grown up" days my work breaks in between my relaxing :-)

Quoting kirbymom:Getting stuff done. A great accomplishment. Now you can relax some. I hope? :)

Quoting Ecoseem:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Whoa, holy thunder girl! That is an awesome work ethic! I bet you are tired out. Sheesh. :). Hopefully the two days off from school to spend time with the grands is exactly the best time spent that everyone was hoping for.
Cysts in the wrist! Is that anything like carpal tunnel syndrome?
My husband had to have surgery on his wrists, it was that bad. Mine isn't yet, thankfully.

Quoting No_Difference:

My parents just left this morning after visiting for a week. I am pooped!!! I gave the kids off of school Thurs and Fri to spend quality time with Granny & Papa. My dad the whole week had us working on different things that needed to be done (but not all at once!). We cleaned the garage, we put together the arbor and garden structure in the backyard, and almost finished painting it (about an hour more worth of work and it's 100% done which I'll probably finish up today), put together a rain barrel, and fixed a hose to attach to it (had to cut a hose and put on a new end since the hose was in rough shape), put up a small shed in the backyard as well, stained the fence on our side that the neighbor put up a few years ago matching her stain, and created a message center in the house that we had to build (we had a window between our school nook and stairs that made no sense...it now has purpose). We also hung up a few shelves and pictures in the house.  I hurt lol. With all the work we've been doing, the cysts in my wrists and hands have decided to return larger than usual, but not large enough that the doctors will do anything to remove them. Today and tomorrow the kids will make up Thursday and Friday, thankfully they really don't have much to do. Tomorrow I'm helping a neighbor clean her garage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)