Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wakey Wakey - Move n Shakey ....

Posted by   + Show Post
Good Morning SweetPeas!

How's it going for you today?

undefined

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Well, bumpy roads don't usually last too long (?), right? Hopefully things did stay settled and you had a much improved rest of the day, eh? :)

Quoting mem82:

We were off to a semi bumpy start but we straightened out and now hopefully we are having a nice calm day. 8)

Ecoseem
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Well for one, I'm a single mom and ds visits his dad twice a month, so those are nice, but if I need a ME day in between there, I declare a day a "kid day" where ds gets to do whatever he wants, and he always watch to watch tv or play the wii, and I get to put my feet up for a bit.  :-)

Quoting kirbymom:

You mean to say that you get to have "grown up" days?! How do you manage that blessing? lol I need to know your secret!

Quoting Ecoseem:

Oh yah, on my "grown up" days my work breaks in between my relaxing :-)

Quoting kirbymom:Getting stuff done. A great accomplishment. Now you can relax some. I hope? :)

Quoting Ecoseem:

Great!  Ds is away, so I was able to get My homework done, attend the youth soccer parent meeting, and plan on installing some security cameras today.

"Parent" is a verb.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Soo, were you able to finish your deep cleaning today?
Sometimes it is just better to go with the flow. Although, I hate when my energy gets zapped. I have a difficult time finding it afterwards.

Quoting Dawn07:

I'm on a deep cleaning roll but my 2yr old is quickly sapping that energy. He needs to take a long nap.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Hello! How was your day? :)

Quoting usmom3:

Good afternoon!

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

We were up and moving by 7 this morning.  We needed to get to the skating rink by 815.  I volunteered to baby sit 2 kids from 2 different families at the rink so that the parents could each be in different places.  We had our lesson at 915 and participated in open skate from 10-12.  Stopped at the store to purchase a gift for the neighbor girl who's parrty was today (she just turned 2).  Got my kids home near 7 and got them showred and ready for bed....they are currently eating a snack and then it is off to bed.  We have another early day with speed team meeting at 830 and practice from 9-11. We are going to be exhausted.  I still have to call and talk to a friend about a book that we are reading together and then I need to work so that the person doing our invoices can get them done.  I am going to work on laundry tonight as well.

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Sorry you all are feeling ill!!  I wish you all a speedy recovery and a good nights rest.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Hi... sick here..   My older kids started a coughing cold several week (9?) ago.   My son, who had it first is only coughing a little now, but the girls have been bad the past two weeks.   My baby picked it up last week and he's still going with it.   A few days ago, I started feeling it creep in.   Hit full force yesterday.

Baby is also teething on top of the coughing, so when coughing wakes him up... the teething keeps him up.   He's been sleeping with us the past several nights after waking.   So, yes, I'm extrememly short tempered...

so when the kids started hitting one another, I tried to make the effort to deal with it, but talking hurts and I have no voice... so instead... I said, "Clean it all up, you can copy the dictionary for not respecting that Mom is sick."

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Ha. I shall have to see how I can work that into my schedule. lol thanks

Quoting Ecoseem:

Well for one, I'm a single mom and ds visits his dad twice a month, so those are nice, but if I need a ME day in between there, I declare a day a "kid day" where ds gets to do whatever he wants, and he always watch to watch tv or play the wii, and I get to put my feet up for a bit.  :-)

Quoting kirbymom:You mean to say that you get to have "grown up" days?! How do you manage that blessing? lol I need to know your secret!

Quoting Ecoseem:

Oh yah, on my "grown up" days my work breaks in between my relaxing :-)

Quoting kirbymom:Getting stuff done. A great accomplishment. Now you can relax some. I hope? :)

Quoting Ecoseem:

Great!  Ds is away, so I was able to get My homework done, attend the youth soccer parent meeting, and plan on installing some security cameras today.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Holy batman, girl! Well, I hope you have enough time in the day to get everything done AND get some rest/sleep too.
How is your daughter's skating going? Didn't she have an injury?

Quoting coala:

We were up and moving by 7 this morning.  We needed to get to the skating rink by 815.  I volunteered to baby sit 2 kids from 2 different families at the rink so that the parents could each be in different places.  We had our lesson at 915 and participated in open skate from 10-12.  Stopped at the store to purchase a gift for the neighbor girl who's parrty was today (she just turned 2).  Got my kids home near 7 and got them showred and ready for bed....they are currently eating a snack and then it is off to bed.  We have another early day with speed team meeting at 830 and practice from 9-11. We are going to be exhausted.  I still have to call and talk to a friend about a book that we are reading together and then I need to work so that the person doing our invoices can get them done.  I am going to work on laundry tonight as well.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Oh man, girl! Do NOT overdue it! Just do little bits at a time. Rest every few minutes. I remember well those days. They were only 4 years ago but it took me a year to recover from them.
Okay. Motherly instinct is turned off now. :)

So, how did the rest of the day go for you?

Quoting jwhit8791:

DH just left with DS #1 and #2 to go shopping for a good two hours.  I need to get off here because I just put DD down for her nap.  I have so much cleaning to do but the last few days when I overdue it, I get painful contractions.  Not anything that is countable (so most like BH but they hurt!) and little girl and I already went to the store this morning.

WHat I feel like is a nap!  LOL

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Wow! I'm sorry that your son is having some trouble with his ear. I hope that all is alright when he goes to the ENT. I'll keep you all into prayers and thoughts.
Dogs have great smellers so he might have been smelling the blood. Keeping positive thoughts sweety.

Quoting Bluecalm:

We ended up at the pediatrician because my LO said his ear hurt and when I checked there was blood coming out. The dr said his ear drum is bleeding and because of the blood she couldn't see much, said maybe the tube is dislodging. She didn't see infection but put him on antibiotic drops anyway and he sees the ENT Monday if it's still bleeding, Tuesday if not. When we got home the dog went straight to him and started sniffing his ear. I wondered if he could smell infection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)