Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Wakey Wakey - Move n Shakey ....

Posted by   + Show Post
Good Morning SweetPeas!

How's it going for you today?

undefined

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

She did have an injury and is now recovered.  She was splinted for 3 weeks for a growth plate injury.  She did great Thursday....it was her first time on her new speed skates.  She used them again today so that she can try and break them in.  I would love to give her more time at the rink but I have cleaning that I am so far behind on that it is looking pretty bad around here.  I think I need to crash, but my kids JUST went to bed....nearly 40 mins late.

Quoting kirbymom:

Holy batman, girl! Well, I hope you have enough time in the day to get everything done AND get some rest/sleep too.
How is your daughter's skating going? Didn't she have an injury?

Quoting coala:

We were up and moving by 7 this morning.  We needed to get to the skating rink by 815.  I volunteered to baby sit 2 kids from 2 different families at the rink so that the parents could each be in different places.  We had our lesson at 915 and participated in open skate from 10-12.  Stopped at the store to purchase a gift for the neighbor girl who's parrty was today (she just turned 2).  Got my kids home near 7 and got them showred and ready for bed....they are currently eating a snack and then it is off to bed.  We have another early day with speed team meeting at 830 and practice from 9-11. We are going to be exhausted.  I still have to call and talk to a friend about a book that we are reading together and then I need to work so that the person doing our invoices can get them done.  I am going to work on laundry tonight as well.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I thought so. I'm glad to hear she is doing better. :) Well, I suggest then that you take at least a half hour break. Just to give you some time to breath before you're back to the grindstone again.

Quoting coala:

She did have an injury and is now recovered.  She was splinted for 3 weeks for a growth plate injury.  She did great Thursday....it was her first time on her new speed skates.  She used them again today so that she can try and break them in.  I would love to give her more time at the rink but I have cleaning that I am so far behind on that it is looking pretty bad around here.  I think I need to crash, but my kids JUST went to bed....nearly 40 mins late.

Quoting kirbymom:Holy batman, girl! Well, I hope you have enough time in the day to get everything done AND get some rest/sleep too.
How is your daughter's skating going? Didn't she have an injury?

Quoting coala:

We were up and moving by 7 this morning.  We needed to get to the skating rink by 815.  I volunteered to baby sit 2 kids from 2 different families at the rink so that the parents could each be in different places.  We had our lesson at 915 and participated in open skate from 10-12.  Stopped at the store to purchase a gift for the neighbor girl who's parrty was today (she just turned 2).  Got my kids home near 7 and got them showred and ready for bed....they are currently eating a snack and then it is off to bed.  We have another early day with speed team meeting at 830 and practice from 9-11. We are going to be exhausted.  I still have to call and talk to a friend about a book that we are reading together and then I need to work so that the person doing our invoices can get them done.  I am going to work on laundry tonight as well.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Thanks. He had constant back to back ear infections before he got tubes this summer and it affected his hearing, sure hope this doesn't make it worse.

Quoting kirbymom:

Wow! I'm sorry that your son is having some trouble with his ear. I hope that all is alright when he goes to the ENT. I'll keep you all into prayers and thoughts.

Dogs have great smellers so he might have been smelling the blood. Keeping positive thoughts sweety.

Quoting Bluecalm:

We ended up at the pediatrician because my LO said his ear hurt and when I checked there was blood coming out. The dr said his ear drum is bleeding and because of the blood she couldn't see much, said maybe the tube is dislodging. She didn't see infection but put him on antibiotic drops anyway and he sees the ENT Monday if it's still bleeding, Tuesday if not. When we got home the dog went straight to him and started sniffing his ear. I wondered if he could smell infection.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, I can sort of empathize. My step daughter had to have her adenoids removed when she was a year and a half because she was having problems with her ears and that affected her speech plus she was always getting these colds out of nowhere for weeks on end.
A mother's worry knows no bounds sometimes. Even when it turns out okay in the end.
So, we shall just have to keep thinking positive thoughts, won't we?

Quoting Bluecalm:

Thanks. He had constant back to back ear infections before he got tubes this summer and it affected his hearing, sure hope this doesn't make it worse.

Quoting kirbymom:Wow! I'm sorry that your son is having some trouble with his ear. I hope that all is alright when he goes to the ENT. I'll keep you all into prayers and thoughts.
Dogs have great smellers so he might have been smelling the blood. Keeping positive thoughts sweety.

Quoting Bluecalm:We ended up at the pediatrician because my LO said his ear hurt and when I checked there was blood coming out. The dr said his ear drum is bleeding and because of the blood she couldn't see much, said maybe the tube is dislodging. She didn't see infection but put him on antibiotic drops anyway and he sees the ENT Monday if it's still bleeding, Tuesday if not. When we got home the dog went straight to him and started sniffing his ear. I wondered if he could smell infection.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Why does a Costco trip take 4 hours? By the time I drag all the kids in and around the store, unload the purchases (some into the basement and big freezer, the rest upstairs), clean out the fridge and reload it, I feel like I've jogged several miles, a few times over :P

Otherwise, my day went great. Stopped by a friend's yard sale, hit costco, picked up junk food (McDonald's) for lunch, came home, fed and watered the kidlets, cleaned up around the house, and now I'm watching Indiana Jones with the hubby.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
It was good!

Quoting kirbymom:

Hello! How was your day? :)

Quoting usmom3:

Good afternoon!

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

It was kind of rough at times, but I was able to find out about a new therapy (Riding therapy) for my kids and I'm excited about that.

Quoting kirbymom:

Great start to you day. Yay. Did it finish that way too? :)

Quoting Pukalani79:

Today's looking like a good day :)

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Got our playroom, aka DD's new room, all cleaned up, the hallway upstaris, and the boys room done.  And no baby.....LOL  Took the entire time though.  It was really bad, like to the point where DH was starting to say something.

I told the boys that this is their "gimme".  I will not be cleaning their room for them like this again.  If it gets to the point where it is that bad again, trash bags will be passed out and taken to the basement.  But I can understand also when something gets so out of control........hence how the rest of my house feels to me!  LOL  Hopefully I will be able to get some of my stuff done today.

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh man, girl! Do NOT overdue it! Just do little bits at a time. Rest every few minutes. I remember well those days. They were only 4 years ago but it took me a year to recover from them.
Okay. Motherly instinct is turned off now. :)

So, how did the rest of the day go for you?

Quoting jwhit8791:

DH just left with DS #1 and #2 to go shopping for a good two hours.  I need to get off here because I just put DD down for her nap.  I have so much cleaning to do but the last few days when I overdue it, I get painful contractions.  Not anything that is countable (so most like BH but they hurt!) and little girl and I already went to the store this morning.

WHat I feel like is a nap!  LOL

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I have several ganglion cysts (also known as bible bumps because it used to be you took the largest, heaviest book in the house and smashed it to make it go away, and that used to be a bible), so its fluid sacks attached to, usually, a tendon or joint. I have the fortune of having them attach to both, and typically in the same area. Typically ganglion cysts will form on the top of a person's wrist and bump out, but I also have the fortune of having them grow inbetween my wrist bones so the fluid sacks are pushing the bones apart. The surgeon had told me that my wrists were the size of a child's and they don't feel comfortable trying to remove them because they'd likely cause permanent damage and I'd lose all or most function in my hand. I have to wait until the cysts are the circumfrance of a dime before they'd be willing to do anything...but by that point my wrist would absolutely be broken. Since they're also pushing on nerves and tendons, if I move my wrist or even fingers wrong, I drop stuff, and I have no grip. I can't lift a pan right now to save my life! Guess that means I'm off of kitchen duty for awhile :)

Quoting kirbymom:

Whoa, holy thunder girl! That is an awesome work ethic! I bet you are tired out. Sheesh. :). Hopefully the two days off from school to spend time with the grands is exactly the best time spent that everyone was hoping for.
Cysts in the wrist! Is that anything like carpal tunnel syndrome?
My husband had to have surgery on his wrists, it was that bad. Mine isn't yet, thankfully.

Quoting No_Difference:

My parents just left this morning after visiting for a week. I am pooped!!! I gave the kids off of school Thurs and Fri to spend quality time with Granny & Papa. My dad the whole week had us working on different things that needed to be done (but not all at once!). We cleaned the garage, we put together the arbor and garden structure in the backyard, and almost finished painting it (about an hour more worth of work and it's 100% done which I'll probably finish up today), put together a rain barrel, and fixed a hose to attach to it (had to cut a hose and put on a new end since the hose was in rough shape), put up a small shed in the backyard as well, stained the fence on our side that the neighbor put up a few years ago matching her stain, and created a message center in the house that we had to build (we had a window between our school nook and stairs that made no sense...it now has purpose). We also hung up a few shelves and pictures in the house.  I hurt lol. With all the work we've been doing, the cysts in my wrists and hands have decided to return larger than usual, but not large enough that the doctors will do anything to remove them. Today and tomorrow the kids will make up Thursday and Friday, thankfully they really don't have much to do. Tomorrow I'm helping a neighbor clean her garage.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I'll probably never finish cleaning lol. I managed to get my floor mopped and cleaned my table and bar from the paper clutter. My ds also helped by sneaking off with the cleaner and spraying it, on the tv, so now the bottom half of it is ruined. Dh is going to be mad when he comes in. Hopefully I can get some more done today.

Quoting kirbymom:

Soo, were you able to finish your deep cleaning today?

Sometimes it is just better to go with the flow. Although, I hate when my energy gets zapped. I have a difficult time finding it afterwards.

Quoting Dawn07:

I'm on a deep cleaning roll but my 2yr old is quickly sapping that energy. He needs to take a long nap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN