Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Wakey Wakey - Move n Shakey ....

Posted by   + Show Post
Good Morning SweetPeas!

How's it going for you today?

undefined

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (51-60):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Haha, fed and watered the kids. I feel like that when I go to Walmart. It's draining.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Why does a Costco trip take 4 hours? By the time I drag all the kids in and around the store, unload the purchases (some into the basement and big freezer, the rest upstairs), clean out the fridge and reload it, I feel like I've jogged several miles, a few times over :P

Otherwise, my day went great. Stopped by a friend's yard sale, hit costco, picked up junk food (McDonald's) for lunch, came home, fed and watered the kidlets, cleaned up around the house, and now I'm watching Indiana Jones with the hubby.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Making a mocha truffle torte, a whipped macchiato tallcake, and a red velvet. I rolled out of bed and ran with chores and getting DH out to work this morning, and I'm FINALLY having a cup of coffee in just a minute. Thank goodness LO is entertaining himself with his TOOB animals collection!

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh no! I hope your dog pulls through. I had a cat then a dig "go to college" when.I was a youngun and it was hard on me for awhile. :(

Sounds like you were able to get some work done at least. What kind of cakes are you baking?

Quoting tuffymama:I've done some laundry and cleaned my kitchen. I am ashamed to admit that I barely cleaned anything last night before hitting the hay early because we had our big field trip yesterday and the South Georgia heat really zapped me. I wanted to shop today, but the house needs some attention, and I have a beagle in renal failure in need of supervision because he seems to have gotten a little worse while we were gone yesterday (I am afraid he must "go to college" soon). We are finishing up our big eagle craft from this week, and then I plan to lay like broccoli before I bake cakes Sunday and Monday.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Yikes. Sounds very painful. Kinda makes me more thankful I am not in any worse shape than I am.
I will definitely keep you in my thoughts though.

Quoting No_Difference:

I have several ganglion cysts (also known as bible bumps because it used to be you took the largest, heaviest book in the house and smashed it to make it go away, and that used to be a bible), so its fluid sacks attached to, usually, a tendon or joint. I have the fortune of having them attach to both, and typically in the same area. Typically ganglion cysts will form on the top of a person's wrist and bump out, but I also have the fortune of having them grow inbetween my wrist bones so the fluid sacks are pushing the bones apart. The surgeon had told me that my wrists were the size of a child's and they don't feel comfortable trying to remove them because they'd likely cause permanent damage and I'd lose all or most function in my hand. I have to wait until the cysts are the circumfrance of a dime before they'd be willing to do anything...but by that point my wrist would absolutely be broken. Since they're also pushing on nerves and tendons, if I move my wrist or even fingers wrong, I drop stuff, and I have no grip. I can't lift a pan right now to save my life! Guess that means I'm off of kitchen duty for awhile :)

y
Quoting kirbymom:Whoa, holy thunder girl! That is an awesome work ethic! I bet you are tired out. Sheesh. :). Hopefully the two days off from school to spend time with the grands is exactly the best time spent that everyone was hoping for. Cysts in the wrist! Is that anything like carpal tunnel syndrome? My husband had to have surgery on his wrists, it was that bad. Mine isn't yet, thankfully.
Quoting No_Difference:

My parents just left this morning after visiting for a week. I am pooped!!! I gave the kids off of school Thurs and Fri to spend quality time with Granny & Papa. My dad the whole week had us working on different things that needed to be done (but not all at once!). We cleaned the garage, we put together the arbor and garden structure in the backyard, and almost finished painting it (about an hour more worth of work and it's 100% done which I'll probably finish up today), put together a rain barrel, and fixed a hose to attach to it (had to cut a hose and put on a new end since the hose was in rough shape), put up a small shed in the backyard as well, stained the fence on our side that the neighbor put up a few years ago matching her stain, and created a message center in the house that we had to build (we had a window between our school nook and stairs that made no sense...it now has purpose). We also hung up a few shelves and pictures in the house.  I hurt lol. With all the work we've been doing, the cysts in my wrists and hands have decided to return larger than usual, but not large enough that the doctors will do anything to remove them. Today and tomorrow the kids will make up Thursday and Friday, thankfully they really don't have much to do. Tomorrow I'm helping a neighbor clean her garage.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Hi. Were you able to get your work done yesterday?

I know that this whole weekend for me has been one battle after another trying to get anything done. Anything. lol

Quoting jwhit8791:

Got our playroom, aka DD's new room, all cleaned up, the hallway upstaris, and the boys room done.  And no baby.....LOL  Took the entire time though.  It was really bad, like to the point where DH was starting to say something.

I told the boys that this is their "gimme".  I will not be cleaning their room for them like this again.  If it gets to the point where it is that bad again, trash bags will be passed out and taken to the basement.  But I can understand also when something gets so out of control........hence how the rest of my house feels to me!  LOL  Hopefully I will be able to get some of my stuff done today.

Quoting kirbymom:Oh man, girl! Do NOT overdue it! Just do little bits at a time. Rest every few minutes. I remember well those days. They were only 4 years ago but it took me a year to recover from them.
Okay. Motherly instinct is turned off now. :)

So, how did the rest of the day go for you?

Quoting jwhit8791:

DH just left with DS #1 and #2 to go shopping for a good two hours.  I need to get off here because I just put DD down for her nap.  I have so much cleaning to do but the last few days when I overdue it, I get painful contractions.  Not anything that is countable (so most like BH but they hurt!) and little girl and I already went to the store this morning.

WHat I feel like is a nap!  LOL

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Oh my! I hope your hubby wasn't too mad about the tv. Were you able to get anymore done that day?
But seriously, when is our work ever fully done?! lol

Quoting Dawn07:

I'll probably never finish cleaning lol. I managed to get my floor mopped and cleaned my table and bar from the paper clutter. My ds also helped by sneaking off with the cleaner and spraying it, on the tv, so now the bottom half of it is ruined. Dh is going to be mad when he comes in. Hopefully I can get some more done today.

Quoting kirbymom:Soo, were you able to finish your deep cleaning today?
Sometimes it is just better to go with the flow. Although, I hate when my energy gets zapped. I have a difficult time finding it afterwards.

Quoting Dawn07:I'm on a deep cleaning roll but my 2yr old is quickly sapping that energy. He needs to take a long nap.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Thank you :) I would not wish cyst pain on even my worst enemy... The plus side - cysts can go away on their own. For me, it doesn't go away completely, but they're usually small enough to not affect me everyday :).

Quoting kirbymom:

Yikes. Sounds very painful. Kinda makes me more thankful I am not in any worse shape than I am.
I will definitely keep you in my thoughts though.

Quoting No_Difference:

I have several ganglion cysts (also known as bible bumps because it used to be you took the largest, heaviest book in the house and smashed it to make it go away, and that used to be a bible), so its fluid sacks attached to, usually, a tendon or joint. I have the fortune of having them attach to both, and typically in the same area. Typically ganglion cysts will form on the top of a person's wrist and bump out, but I also have the fortune of having them grow inbetween my wrist bones so the fluid sacks are pushing the bones apart. The surgeon had told me that my wrists were the size of a child's and they don't feel comfortable trying to remove them because they'd likely cause permanent damage and I'd lose all or most function in my hand. I have to wait until the cysts are the circumfrance of a dime before they'd be willing to do anything...but by that point my wrist would absolutely be broken. Since they're also pushing on nerves and tendons, if I move my wrist or even fingers wrong, I drop stuff, and I have no grip. I can't lift a pan right now to save my life! Guess that means I'm off of kitchen duty for awhile :)

y
Quoting kirbymom:Whoa, holy thunder girl! That is an awesome work ethic! I bet you are tired out. Sheesh. :). Hopefully the two days off from school to spend time with the grands is exactly the best time spent that everyone was hoping for. Cysts in the wrist! Is that anything like carpal tunnel syndrome? My husband had to have surgery on his wrists, it was that bad. Mine isn't yet, thankfully.
Quoting No_Difference:

My parents just left this morning after visiting for a week. I am pooped!!! I gave the kids off of school Thurs and Fri to spend quality time with Granny & Papa. My dad the whole week had us working on different things that needed to be done (but not all at once!). We cleaned the garage, we put together the arbor and garden structure in the backyard, and almost finished painting it (about an hour more worth of work and it's 100% done which I'll probably finish up today), put together a rain barrel, and fixed a hose to attach to it (had to cut a hose and put on a new end since the hose was in rough shape), put up a small shed in the backyard as well, stained the fence on our side that the neighbor put up a few years ago matching her stain, and created a message center in the house that we had to build (we had a window between our school nook and stairs that made no sense...it now has purpose). We also hung up a few shelves and pictures in the house.  I hurt lol. With all the work we've been doing, the cysts in my wrists and hands have decided to return larger than usual, but not large enough that the doctors will do anything to remove them. Today and tomorrow the kids will make up Thursday and Friday, thankfully they really don't have much to do. Tomorrow I'm helping a neighbor clean her garage.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Hahahaha - fed and watered the kidlets! That's funny! :)

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Why does a Costco trip take 4 hours? By the time I drag all the kids in and around the store, unload the purchases (some into the basement and big freezer, the rest upstairs), clean out the fridge and reload it, I feel like I've jogged several miles, a few times over :P

Otherwise, my day went great. Stopped by a friend's yard sale, hit costco, picked up junk food (McDonald's) for lunch, came home, fed and watered the kidlets, cleaned up around the house, and now I'm watching Indiana Jones with the hubby.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
That was about all I got done that day. Of course I had to turn around and mop again Sunday morning because ds helped himself to the chocolate mix while I took a shower. Oh that boy!
I told dh what happened to the tv so it wouldn't be a shock when he came home. He wasn't too upset. The black area seems to be slowly disappearing, so maybe it will be gone by the time his hitch is over.
Our work is never done. It's more like how much can I do today and hope I won't have to redo it tomorrow lol.

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh my! I hope your hubby wasn't too mad about the tv. Were you able to get anymore done that day?

But seriously, when is our work ever fully done?! lol

Quoting Dawn07:

I'll probably never finish cleaning lol. I managed to get my floor mopped and cleaned my table and bar from the paper clutter. My ds also helped by sneaking off with the cleaner and spraying it, on the tv, so now the bottom half of it is ruined. Dh is going to be mad when he comes in. Hopefully I can get some more done today.

Quoting kirbymom:Soo, were you able to finish your deep cleaning today?

Sometimes it is just better to go with the flow. Although, I hate when my energy gets zapped. I have a difficult time finding it afterwards.

Quoting Dawn07:I'm on a deep cleaning roll but my 2yr old is quickly sapping that energy. He needs to take a long nap.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM
YW. :)
I wouldn't wish that on my enemies either!

Quoting No_Difference:

Thank you :) I would not wish cyst pain on even my worst enemy... The plus side - cysts can go away on their own. For me, it doesn't go away completely, but they're usually small enough to not affect me everyday :).

Quoting kirbymom:Yikes. Sounds very painful. Kinda makes me more thankful I am not in any worse shape than I am. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts though.
Quoting No_Difference:

y
Quoting No_Difference:

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Ummm, not really.  LOL

We started our homeschool co-op today and by the time we got home at 2, today was shot also.  I am lucky I got a load of laundry done.  SIGH  Well, everything will still be dirty tomorrow I guess.

My biggest problem is that if I do get one room cleaned, the kids seem to mess up two in it's place.  I don't think that a sense of clean can really be had when your a mom of littles, just how much chaos can I control somewhat.  LOL

Quoting kirbymom:

Hi. Were you able to get your work done yesterday?

I know that this whole weekend for me has been one battle after another trying to get anything done. Anything. lol

Quoting jwhit8791:

Got our playroom, aka DD's new room, all cleaned up, the hallway upstaris, and the boys room done.  And no baby.....LOL  Took the entire time though.  It was really bad, like to the point where DH was starting to say something.

I told the boys that this is their "gimme".  I will not be cleaning their room for them like this again.  If it gets to the point where it is that bad again, trash bags will be passed out and taken to the basement.  But I can understand also when something gets so out of control........hence how the rest of my house feels to me!  LOL  Hopefully I will be able to get some of my stuff done today.

Quoting kirbymom:Oh man, girl! Do NOT overdue it! Just do little bits at a time. Rest every few minutes. I remember well those days. They were only 4 years ago but it took me a year to recover from them.
Okay. Motherly instinct is turned off now. :)

So, how did the rest of the day go for you?

Quoting jwhit8791:

DH just left with DS #1 and #2 to go shopping for a good two hours.  I need to get off here because I just put DD down for her nap.  I have so much cleaning to do but the last few days when I overdue it, I get painful contractions.  Not anything that is countable (so most like BH but they hurt!) and little girl and I already went to the store this morning.

WHat I feel like is a nap!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN