Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First month lesson plan...too much?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

This is my lesson plan (set up by his teacher I am working with) its not that clear but what do you think? Suppose to be in chart form but it wouldnt go like that... 

Language Arts

Reading Log of Daily Reading (include, date, title of book, amount of time read)

Grammar: Daily Grams Lessons 1-15

Spelling: Spectrum Lessons 1-3

Penmanship: A Reason for Handwriting (2 lessons per week)

Composition/Creative Writing: Writing A-Z

(1 formal writing piece per week. May be integrated from across the curriculum).

Focus: personal narrative in a journal. Telling stories from your own life from an “I” point of view.

Speaking/Listening: Memory verse (1/week)

Math

Horizons Math Book 1 (Lessons 1-15)

Science

Materials and Structures

Social Studies

All About Canada

Fine Arts

Music: music making, music appreciation (listening and responding), music research

Visual Arts: chose from drawing/painting, sculpting/modelling, printmaking and building/assembling; appreciation; research

Drama: consisting of 1) taking on a role, 2) modulation of voice 3) performing for an audience 4) props or simple sets

Dance: dance performance, ethnic and world dance, dance appreciation, dance research

PE

Weekly log: date, activity, time spent on activity = 2 ½ hours of activity (or 30 min. per day)

Informal: 30 minutes of daily moderate to vigorous physical activity that develop endurance (cardio), strength (muscles dev.) and flexibility (stretches)

HCE

Goals and Decisions

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Looks good to me other than you might add more about Science.  How many lessons, any experiments etc.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Looks good to me other than you might add more about Science.  How many lessons, any experiments etc.

Yes he will do some book work then he is going to have to build different structers built out of different stuff to hold different weight and such. Plan to show him different buildings (get books out about historical buildings and what not) and then maybe even get him to build one of them (pyrminds or the leaning tower of pisa or which ever) out of sugar cubes or toothpicks and marshmellows...

This is the bare bones...I have to/plan to add a lot more...

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I'm so glad we don't work with a teacher.   Having four kids from 1-11 would be REALLY hard to keep up with that schedule.

We do lots of combined things and projects and more.  Plus, with the baby, I'm needing to be flexible.   We have a little bit of school on Saturdays and Sundays sometimes because of it.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Quoting KrissyKC:

I'm so glad we don't work with a teacher.   Having four kids from 1-11 would be REALLY hard to keep up with that schedule.

We do lots of combined things and projects and more.  Plus, with the baby, I'm needing to be flexible.   We have a little bit of school on Saturdays and Sundays sometimes because of it.

I wanted to stick close to what they learn in public school just in case he has to go back next year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)