Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
I am thinking about homeschooling a few years. I want to stay with the curriculum the school is using so it wouldn't be much different if he goes back to public school. I was thinking about using Saxon for phonics and Harcourt math. We are on a budget so I was wanting to find some of the books on eBay. My question is what would I need for that type of curriculum? Do I need a teacher manual or just a workbook and try to explain the material myself?
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Replies (11-11):
doriselm
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM

The teacher's manuals help you check faster, it can take a long time for you to solve the problems for correctness, so the money spent on the manual is well worth it. Even in English I found that some of the material can be confusing and when you check yourself, you can really feel like you have not learned anything in school, and the time it takes to check it all. Most books are self-explainatory when introducing new material, you would just enhance it and help explain what is already there. Answer keys make the job much easier and faster to check. I find Saxon good in math also, but ABeka is also good. There are so many great books out there, all depends on how your kids learn best. There are also solution keys that show you step by step how to solve problems. Good luck and enjoy homeschooling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN