Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

WV homeschoolers

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was wondering if there are any homeschoolers from West Virginia here?  I'm moving there at the end of the month and would like some idea of what to expect from the state as far as homeschooling is concerned.  :)  It's our first year and I'm nervous as it is!  lol  Thanks in advance for any help!

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
private157
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:06 PM

What part of Wv are you moving to? I'm in Charleston

Saphira1207
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I'll be in Camden on gauley.  At least at first.  I have family there as well as in Summersville.

I have every intention of at least visiting Charleston, though.

Saphira1207
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

:D  I'm such a goof!  I replied to you but forgot to hit the quote button!  It's just above this one.  Sorry.

Quoting private157:

What part of Wv are you moving to? I'm in Charleston

lucsch
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Born and mostly raised in WV, but we have lived in Indiana for a long time now. I just popped in here to wish you well. I know WV has more regulations than Indiana, but it is not impossible. I have heard that the public schools there have massive drug problems, according to my parents. They live in Fayette County. I went to college in Montgomery, at what is now called WVUIT, 30 years ago.

Saphira1207
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM

thanks for the info.   i feel a little better about homeschooling now, knowing about possible drug issues.

Quoting lucsch:

Born and mostly raised in WV, but we have lived in Indiana for a long time now. I just popped in here to wish you well. I know WV has more regulations than Indiana, but it is not impossible. I have heard that the public schools there have massive drug problems, according to my parents. They live in Fayette County. I went to college in Montgomery, at what is now called WVUIT, 30 years ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)