Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Monday! What are you learning about this week?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 15 Replies
What is on the education menu, ladies?
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:23 AM

We're going to look at tall tales/fables/fairy tales.  I think I broke my back picking up all the books the library had!  Work on addition facts, multiplication facts, Latin and Spanish, finish up our fall gardening unit, and Friday is my son's presentation on Native Americans!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I love fairy tales and fables!

Quoting hwblyf:

We're going to look at tall tales/fables/fairy tales.  I think I broke my back picking up all the books the library had!  Work on addition facts, multiplication facts, Latin and Spanish, finish up our fall gardening unit, and Friday is my son's presentation on Native Americans!

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Ds starts 7th grade today!  This week we'll start CNN Student News, Lightning Lit 7, and Runkle's Geography and continue with PreAlgebra (Saxon), Apologia General Science, and Ancients (K12 Human Odyssey 1).  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
That's great! I have a 7th grader this year, too.

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

Ds starts 7th grade today!  This week we'll start CNN Student News, Lightning Lit 7, and Runkle's Geography and continue with PreAlgebra (Saxon), Apologia General Science, and Ancients (K12 Human Odyssey 1).  

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM

We are finishing Chapter 30 - the final chapter in our Gamma book this week!! YAY!
We are reading Two Big Bears for reading
Handwriting we're working on h, p, e, and t in cursive
Writing we're finishing our letters of invitation it is editing/revising today, "publishing" on Wednesday, and evlauting on Thursday
Science we're studying "Earth's home in Space"
History we're finishing up England in the 1600s with the Londong Bridge and Great Fire of London, and looking at how the Plague affected England, and we're studying the state of New Jerey this week (we're looking at a new state each week. At the end of the year we're making one big book of all the states with their flag, map, capital, interesting facts, famous people, etc)
Spelling we're going over contractions (second last step in our spelling book from last year...we can finally move on to level 4's book soon!!)

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM

We finished our ETC book and I am putting off the review on it till the Teacher's manual gets here, so for English we are just working on writing a friendly letter this week.  History is Ancient China. Science we start Space this week and DS and I are both looking forward to it.  Math is clocks.  And we have to work on his presentation on sea life for Friday's Co-op.

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM

We are learning all things China.

Over the weekend we learned about how bugs can decimate a garden in short order. We also learned about replacing ceiling fans & balancing them. Oh & we learned what all the parts are in mattresses as we disassembled some because there is no place to take them to recycle them here.

wowguildmomma
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM

After a few weeks of kiddies rebellions we have gone back to basics this week by doing Respect theme week.

This week they are learning that for everyone to succeed we need to have repect for ourselves, each other and our things. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Oldest: Area of rectangles, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Conflict, commas and apostrophes.

Middle: Words with beginning and ending blends, The Old Hag and her Long Leather Bag, Character development, periods and exclamation points.

Youngest: Writing numbers 0-9, Comparing (greater and less than), letter sounds- w and y.

Everyone: The First Kings of England, Geography of the British Isles, Three states of matter (and pressure with the oldest).

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Oh no!  I hope you got a lot out of your garden before they attacked.

Quoting usmom3:

We are learning all things China.

Over the weekend we learned about how bugs can decimate a garden in short order. We also learned about replacing ceiling fans & balancing them. Oh & we learned what all the parts are in mattresses as we disassembled some because there is no place to take them to recycle them here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)