Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Hello moms!

I wanted to see how you ladies organize your classroom. I am new to homeschooling and I would like to hear or see how your organization ideas for your classroom .

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
SusanTheWriter
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM

She uses my laptop. I have a strict "no upside down" rule with it. *gg*

Quoting KrissyKC:

If she likes to be upside down so much, I'm surprised she hasn't tried using the laptop while doing that.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Here's our "school room."

In the evening, it gets cleared off so we can eat. :)

And yet, despite our intricate and awesome school setup, this is what actually happens:

Ok, sometimes she uses the laptop at the end of the table, but this is a good chunk of her non-computer day. :)

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

We use our table mostly

We use the floor quite a bit too :)

This was a coffee table supposedly at one time. I use it for a lot of stuff. A lot of hands on stuff goes here. It's usually a cluttered mess by the end of the day >,<

We use our bookcase for curriculum though they are now at the bottom of the bookcase as it was already bowing the shelf :\

we use our balcony for messy play :)

We like to go outside too :)

We only have a small apartment but we make it work :)

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I like your house,lol. It always makes me feel bad when I see other moms houses looking like a show room and mine...well, looking like mine.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

We have a medium sized den/office that we use for a school room. I have my desk, and :school desks"  for DD and Ds2 as well as bookshelves, a keyboard, and a love seat in there.

Here is what our hallway wall used to look like. My kids are older now so we took the calendar and weather off of the wall and only have several maps there now.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM

We use the kitchen table for math and writing and everything else is the floor or the couch. He especially likes doing his work with a warm cuddly dog on his lap :-)

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM
LMAO....you should see it on a normal day...that was back to school clean! We spread out all over the place! Today, the majority was on the dining room table.

Quoting paganbaby:

We use the kitchen table for math and writing and everything else is the floor or the couch. He especially likes doing his work with a warm cuddly dog on his lap :-)

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM

We move around a lot too, and don't SCHOOL in our little nook.   It's just where supplies are mainly.   The teacher desk works if I need to do table work 1-1 with anyone, and my kindy likes to sit at her "desk" and trace her letters and numbers and do her dot-to-dot pages.    I also use her desk to send some one to if they are talking and goofing too much at the table or if some one needs a space to take an assessment of some kind.

Otherwise, we are in the dining room, the couch, outside, on the porch, in the garage, at the public library, at the Christian library, at the park, on a walk, even on my bed....   we haven't tried the roof yet, that would be a new one.   

Quoting paganbaby:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM

LOL That would be interesting!

I'm bringing my oldest home next week so I'm sure I'll have a lot more issues with time managment,lol. Ah, one is so easy.

Quoting KrissyKC:

We move around a lot too, and don't SCHOOL in our little nook.   It's just where supplies are mainly.   The teacher desk works if I need to do table work 1-1 with anyone, and my kindy likes to sit at her "desk" and trace her letters and numbers and do her dot-to-dot pages.    I also use her desk to send some one to if they are talking and goofing too much at the table or if some one needs a space to take an assessment of some kind.

Otherwise, we are in the dining room, the couch, outside, on the porch, in the garage, at the public library, at the Christian library, at the park, on a walk, even on my bed....   we haven't tried the roof yet, that would be a new one.   

Quoting paganbaby:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Nice,lol. That sounds like my house. I never got how people with children could have a house so empty. I'm like, where do you put your stuff??

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

LMAO....you should see it on a normal day...that was back to school clean! We spread out all over the place! Today, the majority was on the dining room table.

Quoting paganbaby:

Maryloe
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Wow thank you ladies! I am inspired.
marrionsmommy
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I wish I could show pics we have a ikea long desk in the centernof the room and he works on one side and I can assist from the other. We have a small student desk in the corner for whennmy friends daughter joins us tues and thursdays. Along the wall we have a couch for reading time or sprawling out. We have booksheleves all along one side full of his yrs curriculum and any games and art supplies. Next to the little desk I have a small bookself for prek stuff for my friends daughter and next to the long desk there is a bokkshelf with all his reading books. Right next to his desk I have a small side table with all the materials he needs, extra pencils, paper etc. Ontop of his bookshelf is his microscope and science materials. Oh and I turned a keyboard stand on its side and sit crates ontop of it to crate vertical storage , I placed it behind the little desks bookself so I can reach materials I need without having it accessed by little hands lol.My favorite thing in the room eight now are the screw nut bolt organizers utop the little bookshelf that keep all our manipulatives organized. Oh and our paper mache globe that we attached to our ceiling fans light cord, ds loves having the world in his hands lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)