Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Feeling a little behind today

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

We've been pretty much on track so far, which, given where we were this time last year is a HUGE difference!

But I kind of took the weekend off, brain-wise, so I'm doing some catching up today.

I can't believe I totally didn't update our planner for this week, but I have that mostly fixed.

DD decided that with everything else she does, Latin just wasn't going to happen. That's fine with me. We're already doing Spanish, so Latin was always a bonus class.

We switched our daily schedule around to get all non-math subjects done first. Otherwise, she'd spend her 2-3 hours doing Trig (she does 2 lessons/day) and then never get the required reading and writing done. So far, so good.

We're starting Time4Writing's "Essay Writing for the SAT" class today. Fingers crossed!

So really, the only things I'm behind on are:

Planning the rest of the week in Economics. Need to read Ch 4-5 tonight.

Gearing up for Hamlet. Need to read at least Act 1 tonight, if not the whole thing. Wicked long play.

Co-Op! I'm so far behind, I could weep. First class is on Thursday and I'm sooooo not ready!

EDIT: And you know what? I'd like to write sometime this month. I'm just sayin'.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:56 PM

WOW!!!!! Take a deep breath.  You will get it all caught up.  Good luck!!!

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Your posts always make me feel like a slacker.  :)  You're doing a great job, and I hope I do that well in several more years!

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Don't even worry about it! You should see how little I actually accomplish on any given day.

Quoting hwblyf:

Your posts always make me feel like a slacker.  :)  You're doing a great job, and I hope I do that well in several more years!

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM

On this given day, I feel like I'm kicking along.  But it's elementary, so it doesn't seem as impressive as high school.  :)  Yesterday?  Oh, we don't need to talk about the past....  :)

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Don't even worry about it! You should see how little I actually accomplish on any given day.

Quoting hwblyf:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I feel you.  Our school room is not working and my 6 year old was suppose to attend a class today but we did not have the gass to go over an hour away.  So we decided to stay home and work.  Yeah not a big hit with the kids.  We are going to rearrange the school room and wash the girls jui jitsu uniforms.  Then I have to make dinner and get crickets for the lizard and frogs.

Oh and I have co-op on Thursday also and my plans, not finished. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Funny that the word slacker should be used. My next door business neighbor uses it like a by word. Slacker this and slacker that. Funny, it never seems to fit the situation until today. Lol
Holy thunder girl! Deep breaths. You are doing great with what you actually are doing.
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Just to illustrate how DISorganized I can be...

Guess who forgot to make sure that DD's dr called the insurance company to make sure they continue covering her prescription? Yeah. The letter that was sent in July.

Guess who's out of her ADD meds? And can't get anymore for several days while the dr and the insurance company get this hashed out?

I felt soooo bad for DD. She tried so hard to stay on task today and she just couldn't. She wasn't even wandering off and doing other things. She would just zone out and 'wake up' again several min later with her pencil still in the air. No concept of what she was actually doing, other than daydreaming.

It took us years to decide to put her on medication and this is why. It frustrated all of us, but it really did a number on her self-esteem that even though she knew all the material, it took hours to finish a simple 10 min assignment because she couldn't focus. She wants to do her best, but her brain just zips and zaps and wanders off.

So yeah. All the schedules in the world don't help when she just. can't. stick.

However, despite all our struggles, she did everything on her list today, including the first 4 lessons of Time4Writing.

It's supposed to be an 8-wk course and I'm hoping that this isn't an indication of its overall rigor. We went through almost the entire first "week" in less than half an hour.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I am too Dh went out of town all wknd fri to mon and is now gone for work I am just in survival mode
TSmama24
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Our sons have each taken different Time4Writing courses and I noticed BIG jumps in their skills afterward. I think you will be happy with that choice!! 

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Thank goodness! Because at the rate we started, we'll finish this 8 week course in half the time...if she dawdles!

Quoting TSmama24:

Our sons have each taken different Time4Writing courses and I noticed BIG jumps in their skills afterward. I think you will be happy with that choice!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)