Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Schedule questions

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

We are in California and my son is starting first grade next week.  This is our first year homeschooling, and I'm starting to get the last second jitters.  Can you give me a quick idea of how your week looks?  Which subjects you work on daily, and which ones you work on less often.  Thank you so much for your replies!

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM

We do Bible, Reading, Phonics, Writting (cursive), and Arithmetic daily.  We do singing, art, social studies and science less often (usually once a week with singing twice a week).  That is what it looks like for both of my girls who are upcoming 1st and 2nd grade.

Britty1987
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM
We do Bible, spelling, math and phonics every day. We do history and science 2-3 times a week. We do P.E. twice a week (dual enrolled) and on those days we do less work at home. On Tuesdays I go to a Bible study before he has P.E. so that takes up most of the day. We usually just review for Bible, go over our verse of the week and sing one fun song and one hymn on those days. Its really flexible so just find what works for you :)
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM
We do bible, math, language arts, history, and science Monday - Thursday. Weekly tests and electives are done on Fridays. We also stagger two electives every two weeks. I teach one and dad teaches the other when he's in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN