Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First two days were

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

HORRIBLE!

I dont know how to make math exciting or how to get my DS to understand that if you just finish the work we can have even more fun...

That is my shameful confession.

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:38 AM

How old is he?  My oldest really enjoyed Life of Fred for a bit, but he's down on it at the moment.  He wants to skip ahead, but I don't think that would be good for either of us.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM
That's not shameful! We have all been in that position. *hugs* what grade and what are you teaching right now?
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM

He's 8 right?  What math are you doing with him?  Do you get him up and moving for math?  We go out to the driveway with chalk and physically skip count to learn our multiplication tables.  Are you doing multiplication yet? 

We've all been there!  It's not shameful at all!

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Quoting bluerooffarm:

He's 8 right?  What math are you doing with him?  Do you get him up and moving for math?  We go out to the driveway with chalk and physically skip count to learn our multiplication tables.  Are you doing multiplication yet? 

its review right now double digit math with carrying, subtraction is not that he can do it...he is just head strong...

I will try and get him up and more....

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

its review right now double digit math with carrying, subtraction is not that he can do it...he is just head strong...

I will try and get him up and more....

Reviewing is the worst!!  I hate reviewing.  They feel (rightly so) that they have proved that they know this.

Maybe just gently remind him that reviewing doesn't last forever and you'll start doing new stuff really soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)