Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a schedule down yet?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

My "Typical" day.....(it's never typical, LOL)

7am - get up

8am - breakfast

9-9:30am - school

12-12:15pm - lunch

1-3:30pm - school

3:30pm - 6pm - Activities (Karate, Social Group, Play Group etc)

6:30pm - dinner

7-8:30pm - Family time with dad

8:30 - 9:00pm - Bedtime Routine

9 - 10pm - School Prep and Time with Hubby

Of course, there is a lot of multitasking thrown in there. Somehow, I manage to do laundry, clean, pay bills, make phone calls, do paperwork, take care of animals, go to appointments, go to therapies and every once in a while I manage to get a "me" moment.

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Schedule, what is this 'schedule' thing?  LOL, no our days are all so different I haven't really gotten a schedule together.  As long as we get everything done, I call it a win. 

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL kmath.

It's like the mythical "leftover wine" I read about on Pinterest. What is that?

But honestly, I've never been good with schedules. They make me itch. :) I have a To Do list, DD has a To Do list, and we get stuff checked off as we go. Mostly.

Quoting kmath:

Schedule, what is this 'schedule' thing?  LOL, no our days are all so different I haven't really gotten a schedule together.  As long as we get everything done, I call it a win. 

ptadanielle
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Smartcal helps us with scheduling and events throughout the school.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I thought I was doing good this past week with a schedule... and then yesterday their curriculum came in. LOL Today we're taking the day off so I can go through it and get organized

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Up at 830 and breakfast done by 9

9---I start working and the kids find something to occupy themselves from the educational stuff I have already picked out for them as well as take care of their responsibilities

11--on Tuesday and Thursday we leave for swimming lessons

12ish----lunch

1ish---they work a little more

2ish--on Tuesday's and Thursdays they lay down for a bit

430ish--Wake them up and let them hang out a bit

5ish on Tuesdays and Thursdays dinner

6ish on Tuesday we leave for the skating rink....with my youngest...630 skating lesson

7---Tuesday speed skating practice---oldest and SO join the little one and I  (Thursday's practice is always TBD but starts no later than 8)

10ish bedtime on Tuesday and Thursday

Rest of the week is a little more relaxed with dinner around 6 and bed at 8.

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, yeah that about describes it perfectly.  We have the To Do lists as well, sometimes we get through them and if we don't we just add it to the next day.  We are pretty good about staying on track for school.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

LOL kmath.

It's like the mythical "leftover wine" I read about on Pinterest. What is that?

But honestly, I've never been good with schedules. They make me itch. :) I have a To Do list, DD has a To Do list, and we get stuff checked off as we go. Mostly.

Quoting kmath:

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My schedule usually looks like this:

7am: Drive dh and dd to subway

8am-9:30am: Gym

10am-10:45am:  AM cleaning routine (laundry, dishes, bathroom, beds)

12pm-3pm:  Academics with ds (Math, Lit, Hist, Geog, Sci)

6-8pm:  Activity with ds (scouts or martial arts)

10pm-10:45pm:  PM cleaning routine (dishes, stove, counters, kitchen floor, quick pickup)

Once a week I grocery shop, once a week is a field trip with ds, and once a week is a lengthier morning cleaning session (with dusting, windexing, changing sheets, swiffering the other rooms, etc). 

I'm extremely Type-A and cannot function without routines, schedules, and lists.  Thankfully, I don't push that onto my kids, lol.  We were very successful unschoolers at one point - I just kept my lists to myself.  :)

JerrysMom2011
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I am big on organzation and stuff but I just cant find my groove just yet..so far its just...idk..

7 wake up 730 ds1 leaves for sitter

730-8 breakfast, coffee etc

8-9 free time

9-11 school work for teen and for me its whatever i need to get done

11-12 lunch or whatever..

then after that its whatever we need to get done...throw in there errands, apts, an infant, grocery shopping. 

On thursday mornings its library time where we go and he learns and does does research on his essay he is doing (i want him not just using the internet to research)

So its getting there, when i am up the baby in the wee early morning hours and late night is when i usually plan my next week with school stuff. **TRY TOO** 

StepDucky
by Sarah on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Wake up at 8

breakfast at 8:30

start school around 9

i let my son decide the order we do his subjects unless its Tuesday or Thursday..... He has civics those days from 9-10:30ish (his teacher always goes a little over, which I'm completely fine with) 

Lunch is thrown in their whenever we get hungry

we work until all school is done, some days it's 2:30 others it's 5, we've even had a few days that we were done by late lunchtime. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)