Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else do anything particular for learning on this memorial day of 9/11

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

My kids willingly sat thru a 45 minute presentation of the events of that day as well as looked at the News Channel that played what they were reporting on that very day.  We did 9/11 color sheets I found on the internet, and did a History and Quiz from POPBRAIN (or something like that).  I read books about airplanes and jets as well.  What did yall do?

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amanda.lyn
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM
We talked about it during calendar time. I had my older son tell my younger one what happened. He was alive when it happened, but too young to remember. We have studied it in history. He did a great job but I filled in a few places. We also watched a little but on TV.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:43 AM
My kids are too young DD is not even 4 yet but I like the ideas!!
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:41 AM

We talked about the event, talked about terrorism, talked about patriotism and being a citizen, and we watched a few specials on H2 and History. My 4 yr old didn't do much... With Daddy being retired Army, we also talked about the importance of what 911 lead up to, and how it directly affected our family.

MacMamaof5
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Awesome that you ladies acknowledged this memorial.  We didn't know anyone personally who died, but we know a LOT of servicemen.  So it was very important that we talked about it in our family.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM
We watched a short video and talked about it. My kids remembered a lot from last year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN