Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you leave the TV on while

Your kids are working or you are teaching...my DS is SURE that I am the only mean mom that doesn't so I have come into cyber world to see that in fact I am not the only "mean mom"

Thanks ladies!

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

When my kids are in the middle of working on something that is important to them they request the TV be turned OFF.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM
TV is off until school work is done and housework is done. Unless we are watching a video on what we are learning. My dd could care less if the TV was on or not. Music on the other hand she loves to have on.
ballerina.2006
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
No! My kids try and do snything else that isn't school. No tv during the day after mommy is fully awake and baby is napping.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Not unless someone is watching a documentary for a class.  Then they have to go upstairs so as not to distract others.  But 99.9% of the time that is not even the case.  The tv stays off.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
That is my goal.....i kind of got away with that because i needed a quick distraction for my three year old while i dealt with a crying baby.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

No, the tv does not turn on until school and chores are over for the whole day.

armygirl16
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM
No. My husband might watch baseball or football, but that is it. The only TV I ever watch is maybe an episode of Dexter a night (or new episodes of breaking bad). Otherwise our TV is always off.
candiedgala
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:51 AM
I won't in the younger grades, but when DD is older, if she wants to work on something while watching TV I would be willing to try that. I did when I was a teenager.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:12 AM

It is tough to have a baby, toddler and school age all together. 

Quoting Precious333:

That is my goal.....i kind of got away with that because i needed a quick distraction for my three year old while i dealt with a crying baby.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

No, the tv does not turn on until school and chores are over for the whole day.

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM

no! We watch things only if they are planned and educational.

I do allow Pandora radio. 

I do allow computer, but not pure games while in school - educational material there too.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Sometimes I let them watch something while they are folding their clothes. They really have no desire to watch TV while they are doing other things. They like to relax when they are watching TV.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)