Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you leave the TV on while

Your kids are working or you are teaching...my DS is SURE that I am the only mean mom that doesn't so I have come into cyber world to see that in fact I am not the only "mean mom"

Thanks ladies!

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM

TV is off during school hours which drives hubby crazy now that he's home all the time. I threathened to throw the TV out of the window (which is on the 2nd floor for us) if it gets turned on while we do school

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I do but it's not for her and she can't watch it. It's on for my 2yr old.
MacMamaof5
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I do allow my lil ones (2 and 4) to watch Educational morning programs--or afternoon PBS, but only when I have the big ones in the other room at the table doing their work.  They participate in their Dora, Bubble Guppies, or whatever and are sitting still while I get the main lessons done.  It doesn't happen everyday.  Most days I have them ALL at the table doing something while a relevant CD is playing...(if we do math we play math music).

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Not usually. Sometimes when I need the 3 littles to get out of my hair, I will turn it on.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM

This is how my house is right now.  Though everyone uses it as background noise.  My daughter will turn it down if she needs to concentrate on something and it's annoying her.  She doesn't watch much television as it is.  My 2 yo does watch it but he is always running around or playing with a random toy as well.

Quoting Dawn07:

I do but it's not for her and she can't watch it. It's on for my 2yr old.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM

No, I guess I'm a mean mom too, but really it's just too distracting IMO, and not necessary.

In our house it is quite during the typical school hours and if a child gets done with all of their work and wants to get on a game, or watch a show then they have to have the volume down and do it in a room where nobody else is still schooling and it won't be a distraction for others still working.

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Nope. TV is always off during school hours unless we are watching an educational movie/show.
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:49 AM
No TV during school! Mine would never get anything done.
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM
No never ever!
chlippr77
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:24 PM
My kiddos consider it an easy day if they are allowed to turn the TV on before 5:30 (They love Big Bang Reruns). Some days it doesn't come on until the one show we watch that day (we have certain series we all look forward to, usually about one a day) and if we aren't waiting for a show that day, we might not turn it on at all...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)