Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you leave the TV on while

Your kids are working or you are teaching...my DS is SURE that I am the only mean mom that doesn't so I have come into cyber world to see that in fact I am not the only "mean mom"

Thanks ladies!

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
StepDucky
by Sarah on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Tv doesn't come on until school and chores are done.... 

Mandallyn
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM
No. My kids aren't allowed to watch tv (or play in the computer) at all until we have finished their schooling for the day, or they won't be able to focus afterwards if I let them.
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Nope, DS is too easily distracted by it. 

maggiemom2000
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Never.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:48 PM
You know, my kids do the same thing. For the same reason. They want to concentrate.

Quoting usmom3:

When my kids are in the middle of working on something that is important to them they request the TV be turned OFF.

wunderwifey
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't have cable or netflix or satellite. We do dvd's and thats it. Well, we still have VHS's as well. The DVDs usually come out when we're done super early for the day, or when dad feels like watching one. I've become less addicted to the TV since we got rid of cable a few years ago.

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Well, if your a "mean mom" then so am I.  We turned off the tv 2 or 3 weeks ago b/c my ODD had actually memorized the show line up in a week.  She then moped for 2 days b/c we wouldn't turn the tv on.  I now only find myself turning it on for the news and then it is back off, unless the kids have earned some screen time for Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune (YDD prefers Jeopardy, ODD likes Wheel).  They get that opportunity 3 times a week.

SarahNElijah
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Quoting somuchlove4U:

Nope. TV is always off during school hours unless we are watching an educational movie/show.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BatMom.
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM
The TV is off all day, whether or not we're in the school year.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM

TV goes off when school starts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)