Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you leave the TV on while

Your kids are working or you are teaching...my DS is SURE that I am the only mean mom that doesn't so I have come into cyber world to see that in fact I am not the only "mean mom"

Thanks ladies!

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM

No TV...except during lunch time (but they usually choose to work through lunch) and after school work is complete.  I did build in a one hour lunch break, but they usually would rather just finish before turning on the tv.

unsuspected
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM
No way. The tv is rarely on. We watch family movies or show's on netflix together AFTER lessons. And usually not until I'm making dinner. After we're done with school I like to get them outside and moving.
puglove029
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM

No TV, but I do allow her to listen to music while doing math. I may put a stop to that because she has been misreading problems and putting in wrong numbers.

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Nope! Unless I need my phone so instead of Pandora, we listen to the classical station on TV. Television is a distraction, and children can easily become seriously addicted to it. Studies have shown that households that limit TV viewing are happier, that metabolisms slow when the TV is on, children whose TV viewing is limited learn better than kids who watch a lot, and most learning that might occur from watching TV is transient. I won't have LO enslaved by the one-eyed monster, and I won't allow it to parent my children. That's my job. We use it for entertainment and/or relaxation AFTER our learning, housework, exercise, and pups are tended.
amanda.lyn
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Sorry, no TV during the school day.
STARRYVONN
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:50 PM
No, however I will play classical music in the background.
oredeb
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:24 PM

no tv on for us

IamMex11
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:28 PM

this right here

Quoting bluerooffarm:

No, the tv does not turn on until school and chores are over for the whole day.

1CynfulDlite
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:52 PM

MEAN MOM RIGHT HERE!!!!!  NO TV while doing school work of any kind because my kid has the attention span of a GNAT as it is already so having TV on is NOT an option.  And breaks between school work he's doing something active or creative related to school/art class.

Lynette
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Lol, yes tv goes off during school time.  Causes too much distraction.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)