Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm sorry, Homeschooling is illegal in this district.

Posted by   + Show Post

Oh this soothed a part of my soul that has been aching for a very long time. Link.

I went into the office of my daughters school today. I needed help logging into this site that lets me view her grades. While I was there, an office worker pulled me into her office.

She said, "Savannah mentioned she is going to homeschool?"

Me "Yes, it looks that way. "Her poor attendance coupled with her poor grades leads me believe that's the best option for her."

With a look full of concern she tells me, "I'm sorry, I'm afraid homeschooling is illegal in this school district except for medical reasons." "If you pull her out, she'll be considered truant and you can go to jail."

Me, "That won't be an issue." "Homeschooling isn't illegal in this state." "I will be teaching her myself."

Her, "I'm sorry, but unless you have a teaching credential, you can't do that."

I sweetly smiled back. "Actually I can." "According to California State law all I need to do is submit a homeschooling affidavit that declares my home a private school. As long as I have less than 15 students, and I assure I do, I don't need one.

She gaped at me for a moment, then said, "Oh...well um, okay then." "Just let us know when you're going to oull her out."

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Replies (61-61):
Homeschoolmom10
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

You ROCK mama!!!!!!! 

Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it. ~ Proverbs 22:6

family in the vanbreastfeedingteen girlhave a nice day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)