Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Things I learned my first week

Okay I am no expert far from it actually this is my first year (was my first week) but I learned a few things...might be doing it "wrong" but it worked for my DS (grade 3) in no order

1. Having music playing in the back ground helps

2. I plan the lesson plan but letting him decide what order we do it in works wonders.

3. He is more comfortable on the couch with a tv tray (work station) then on the ground by the coffee table (dont have a dinning room table)

4. Crumpling up the sticky notes that have each subject on  them is theaputic.

5. I have to win the battle of wills.

So that is my first week...starting my second week tommrow...he is SO EXCITED to do the "selfie" (self portate ((spelling??))

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Replies (21-22):
MammaG08
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:21 AM

We just started this year too.  You really did learn a lot in your first week!  I love the idea of music playing in the backround (def.  can't have that in the public schools!), and the crumpling of the sticky notes.  Thanks for sharing! 

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MammaG08:

We just started this year too.  You really did learn a lot in your first week!  I love the idea of music playing in the backround (def.  can't have that in the public schools!), and the crumpling of the sticky notes.  Thanks for sharing! 

Thanks Monday was rough...trying again to day....still need to find a way to make it more fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN