Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What subjects that the kids do are 'must do' and have to be done every day for your kids?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 17 Replies

what  subjects that the kids do are 'must do' and have to be done every day for your kids?

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM

math is the biggie for me ...

We always do some form of language arts - but I don't have to push grammar and writing and spellling and...and...all in one day.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Math and language arts.  Some days we'll play math games or we'll cook to practice our skills, but we always do math lessons and we always read and discuss what we read.

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Reading and Arithmetic.  These are musts and done everyday.  The others kind of come and go, but we are sort of wining it and child led learning at the moment.  We start back in January.

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Nutrition & PE, AKA eating & being active! big smile mini

1CynfulDlite
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Math and Language arts are daily science twice a week Social Studies twice a week, PE once a week and Art and Computers once a week.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Legos and k'nex.  I would have a revolt if we didn't do those subjects everyday.  We naturally cover what we need to cover.  It is amazing how educational legos and k'nex are for kids.  Honeslty the only subject we have to do every day is reading together.  Reading is the backbone of every education.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Math, reading, and some form of other language arts (spelling, vocab, writing, grammar). I try to build a lot of it together so we don't have to do 400 things a day.
lucsch
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Math, for sure. I try to prioritize life in general so all subjects happen M-F, but we do follow a more traditional 180 day schedule. If we schooled year round, I 'd be more relaxed about it.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Reading and writing for now. Reading because she's so good at it and loves it and writing because it was a bit of a struggle at first but now she LOVES it!  She's not even 4 yet.  We typically do math most days too.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Math, without question, must be done every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN