Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

>_<

As a homeschooler what words do people who are just starting out or people who do not homeschool say that make you cringe?

Okay, I'll get the big ones out of the way:

Socialization.

Is that legal?

You must be ultra-religious.

Okay....GO!

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Replies (71-75):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I totally don't get that bullying builds character.  Shouldn't we be teaching them how to treat each other rather than letting the bullying go on?  It seems so senseless!

Quoting wowguildmomma:

Don't you know that your suppose to send the kids to school to have the time to dedicate everything to having everything the way your husband wants it?

Apparently school is no longer for education but for a babysitter so that you can have house magazine clean and decorated and get yourself dressed to the nines to greet your husband when he comes home. 

There is also the "but bullying instills character and backbone, its good for kids to get bullied" 

Having been a victim of bullying all of my school life I can definately disagree with that one.

JTE11
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM

She's never going to see anyone, ever! 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Quoting JTE11:

Oh well, I don't know about that.  See the cage we keep her in only has bars, so she will see us when we bring her slop 3 times a day.  

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

JTE11
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Lol! This was my best friend who said this to me, so I just told her it's OK, I'd show her pictures of real people while she is in lockdown. ;)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting JTE11:

Oh well, I don't know about that.  See the cage we keep her in only has bars, so she will see us when we bring her slop 3 times a day.  

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM

LOL!!!  Love that response!

Quoting JTE11:

Lol! This was my best friend who said this to me, so I just told her it's OK, I'd show her pictures of real people while she is in lockdown. ;)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting JTE11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN