Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

*Deep breath* I'm pulling her out today. Update~

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 68 Replies
3 moms liked this

Update: Okay, so here's how it went. I walked into the school with dd and asked who I talk to to pull her out. I was instructed to wait for the admissions lady. We ended up waiting for a half hour. Finally I get in there and immediately I'm peppered with questions.

"Are you sure this is what you want? Yes it is. She's had such a good year so far. Do you call two Ds, two Fs and a truant officer a good year? Have you talked to the counsler? No. He's going to be so dissapointed. I'm sorry. Has the district approved your ciriculum? No. I don't need them too. Have you really considered the long term ramifications? High self esteem and a good education? Yes I have. When she starts high school, she'll more than likely be behind. Is that so? *Raises eyebrow* I plan on keeping her home until college so that won't be an issue. Well you know they do test before she can attend and they'll know if she didn't learn anything. Look, I have things I have to do today. And I'd rather not spend my day defending my right or debating my ability to teach my daughter at home. Are we finished here?

She made a face like she swallowed a lemon then turned back to the computer, printed out her transcripts and handed them to me without another word. On our way home, (after making sure no one was looking) dd flipped off the school,lol.

DD decided yesterday that she doesn't want to wait. She said her grades aren't getting better, that teachers probably isn't going to switch her classes and she's fed up with the whole school thing. I jumped on the chance,lol.

I know I already talked to the lady in the office once, but I'm sooo nervous to pull her out today. What if they say no. What if, what if, what if? I just can't stop that little voice screaming in the back of my head :-(

Everyone send me empowering thoughts, I'm going to need them...

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

you can do it ! go for it!

SusanTheWriter
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Honey, they CAN'T say no. What you're doing is perfectly legal. As long as you have followed the law, there is nothing they can do to stop you.

Just go in, state the facts, don't let them drag you into a debate, go with her to clean out her locker and return her books, and wave goodbye.

Deep breaths, big smile. You can do it!

birthymom4
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this
It may seem daunting but YOU GOT THIS!

The first step always seems the hardest, but it is well worth it :)
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Remember that they can say no till they're blue in the face, but they haven't got a legal leg to stand on.  You have GOT THIS!!  Go Girl!!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
You got this! You already told them what for and they had to hush. Just keep reminding them if they want to be difficult.
WizardOfAhs
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Mama Bear does not back down. You know in your heart what is right for your child =)

julesjerry
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You will do her the best always, go for it!

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Print out the laws from a reputable website & take them with you! If they try to tell you NO you tell them that they are infringing on your rights & that you will be contacting the lawyers at HSLDA. They want to use scare tactics you can too! If you are willing to join something like HSLDA they will fight for your legal rights to homeschool! 

You got this!

tnt-manda
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
You can do this
ilovemy3boys
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I pulled mine last week and it went smoothly. You can do this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN