Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's on your fall bucket list?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm making an autumn bucket list for our classroom wall.  The kids are having a blast coming up with things to put on it.  Here's a pretty print out for your own:

http://www.freehomeschooldeals.com/free-fall-bucket-list-printable/

Be back in a few minutes with their finalized list!!

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I'd love to geocache.  Do you do it with a GPS or old fashioned with a compass?

Quoting kmath:

This is such a great idea.  I think I will have to do this with DS.  I only have a couple right now, but I will add to it when I have talked to DS.

Corn Maze

Make Halloween Decorations

Go to a Pumpkin Patch

Carve some awesome pumpkins (we never carve them, but I want to give it a try this year)

Lots of Nature Hikes

Geocaching in other towns around us

I don't bake, but all of the previous posts are making me want to start!  LOL

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

This is such a fun activity. My kids will love doing this...I'll post our list once we do it.

I do know at least the "basics" or I guess our traditions...apple picking, pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, trick or treating, Thanksgiving dinner at home with DHs family, dessert with my family (unless we are not allowed!)...I'm sure I'm missing some, the kids can fill the rest in :)

Not allowed?  That doesn't sound good.  You okay?

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM

We have only gone once so far and we went with friends so we used a GPS app.  I don't have GPS on my phone though so I am not sure what exactly we will do yet.  I might get the app, I might try using a compass (haven't done that since I was a kid so that could get interesting.)  We had a blast when we went and we both can't wait to do it again!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kmath:

This is such a great idea.  I think I will have to do this with DS.  I only have a couple right now, but I will add to it when I have talked to DS.

Corn Maze

Go to a Pumpkin Patch

Carve some awesome pumpkins (we never carve them, but I want to give it a try this year)

Lots of Nature Hikes

Tiffanydshives
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I don't have a cell phone, so I wondered if we could even do it with a compass.  But it sounds like a blast, I'd love to try it!!

Quoting kmath:

We have only gone once so far and we went with friends so we used a GPS app.  I don't have GPS on my phone though so I am not sure what exactly we will do yet.  I might get the app, I might try using a compass (haven't done that since I was a kid so that could get interesting.)  We had a blast when we went and we both can't wait to do it again!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kmath:

Corn Maze

Go to a Pumpkin Patch

Lots of Nature Hikes

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I don't know, you might be able to with a compass and a map with longitude/latitude.  They give you coordinates to find the cache, but if you could figure them out manually or print something out you could probably do it without the app.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I don't have a cell phone, so I wondered if we could even do it with a compass.  But it sounds like a blast, I'd love to try it!!

Quoting kmath:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kmath:

Corn Maze

Go to a Pumpkin Patch

Lots of Nature Hikes

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Lol...at this point I would rather not be allowed anyway.

My brothers girlfriend had a baby very early...that whole situation is not one I am a fan of. They tried to get pregnant even though they knew their chances of having a viable pregnancy and carrying to term were very very slim. She is not a healthy person and has some medical issues. They completely mooch off of my parents, they live with my parents and pay no bills at all. My parents even paid my brothers student loans when he dropped out of college. The gf grew up in welfare and has no qualms about living the same life her parents have. My mom works full time,my dad runs his own business. My mom still cooks dinner for everyone every night and even does their laundry! She is an enabler and is really disrespected by them, but by her own choice really.

Anyway, I refuse to get a flu shot or give it to my children, we have never felt the need for that specific shot and we aren't starting now. This is the first year my kids won't be in school and I won't be working in the school so we may not even be exposed to the flu. Since we won't have flu shots we may not be able to visit my family since the baby can't be exposed to anything. I totally understand them being cautious, but at the same time it sucks that my kids will miss out on traditions with their grandparents because of the new grandchild-which seems to keep happening. Instead of my kids building a relationship with their cousin, they are beginning to resent him. We all get that a new baby is exciting and needs a lot, but the other kids shouldn't get completely ignored because of it...and that is basically what has happened.

But honestly it's easier to just be away from all of it. We have had major issues with my parents, there have been times we didn't speak for months to years. So I just play it by ear and keep my expectations low at this point.

Thanks for checking and listening to my rant ;)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

This is such a fun activity. My kids will love doing this...I'll post our list once we do it.

I do know at least the "basics" or I guess our traditions...apple picking, pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, trick or treating, Thanksgiving dinner at home with DHs family, dessert with my family (unless we are not allowed!)...I'm sure I'm missing some, the kids can fill the rest in :)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM

That sounds like a tough situation.  I have some relatives that it's easier to avoid too.  I hope everything works out whatever way is best for you.

Rant any time.  :-)

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Lol...at this point I would rather not be allowed anyway.

My brothers girlfriend had a baby very early...that whole situation is not one I am a fan of. They tried to get pregnant even though they knew their chances of having a viable pregnancy and carrying to term were very very slim. She is not a healthy person and has some medical issues. They completely mooch off of my parents, they live with my parents and pay no bills at all. My parents even paid my brothers student loans when he dropped out of college. The gf grew up in welfare and has no qualms about living the same life her parents have. My mom works full time,my dad runs his own business. My mom still cooks dinner for everyone every night and even does their laundry! She is an enabler and is really disrespected by them, but by her own choice really.

Anyway, I refuse to get a flu shot or give it to my children, we have never felt the need for that specific shot and we aren't starting now. This is the first year my kids won't be in school and I won't be working in the school so we may not even be exposed to the flu. Since we won't have flu shots we may not be able to visit my family since the baby can't be exposed to anything. I totally understand them being cautious, but at the same time it sucks that my kids will miss out on traditions with their grandparents because of the new grandchild-which seems to keep happening. Instead of my kids building a relationship with their cousin, they are beginning to resent him. We all get that a new baby is exciting and needs a lot, but the other kids shouldn't get completely ignored because of it...and that is basically what has happened.

But honestly it's easier to just be away from all of it. We have had major issues with my parents, there have been times we didn't speak for months to years. So I just play it by ear and keep my expectations low at this point.

Thanks for checking and listening to my rant ;)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

wowguildmomma
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I will be back with mine as this seems like a really fun idea.

MamaDearie
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
What a great idea! I think we will be doing this activity later this afternoon. :-)
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Halloween tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickers
Daisypath Christmas tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN