Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's on your fall bucket list?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm making an autumn bucket list for our classroom wall.  The kids are having a blast coming up with things to put on it.  Here's a pretty print out for your own:

http://www.freehomeschooldeals.com/free-fall-bucket-list-printable/

Be back in a few minutes with their finalized list!!

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
MamaDearie
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM
And here is our list: catch leaves (first response and by our youngest!) apple picking go on a hayride finish unit on exploration (with focus on the more realistic side of Columbus' 'discovery' as Columbus Day approaches) hatch and release our butterflies pumpkin picking investigate the origins of Halloween and Day of the Dead carve jack o'lanterns corn maze buy/make Halloween costumes trick or treating go to Nanma and PawPaw's for Thanksgiving (I have to add in: buy a cord of wood and weatherize our home and cars)
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Halloween tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickers
Daisypath Christmas tickers
MamaDearie
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I have no idea why my line breaks won't show up in my posts. It all looks good as I type the reply and then- poof- disappears as it is posted. :-/
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I need to come up with some of these.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Those are awesome!!  Do you actually "catch leaves?"  We did that for our gym class one day last year.  It is a lot harder than I thought it would be and we were all very sweaty and tired when we were done.

We are covering vikings in history and we talked about finding viking runes all over the northern east coast.  The boys got a kick out of the whole Columbus debate.  :-)

Yeah, we still need to split our wood and weatherize the vehicles too.  Blah!  It's sad when adulthood needs to sneak into your bucket list!  LOL

Quoting MamaDearie:

And here is our list: catch leaves (first response and by our youngest!) apple picking go on a hayride finish unit on exploration (with focus on the more realistic side of Columbus' 'discovery' as Columbus Day approaches) hatch and release our butterflies pumpkin picking investigate the origins of Halloween and Day of the Dead carve jack o'lanterns corn maze buy/make Halloween costumes trick or treating go to Nanma and PawPaw's for Thanksgiving (I have to add in: buy a cord of wood and weatherize our home and cars)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaDearie:

I have no idea why my line breaks won't show up in my posts. It all looks good as I type the reply and then- poof- disappears as it is posted. :-/

When mine does that, it's time to ditch my browsing history and reboot my computer.

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Fall does the same to me. I've alreaady started baking bread. 

Quoting usmom3:

Fall makes me want to bake & cook from scratch!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Mmmmmm.... I just realized how much I associate fall with food.  Your list sounds delicious!  LOL

Quoting usmom3:

You inspired us to make one ourselves. Here it is.

1. Harvest nuts

2. Go on a leaf walk and identify as many leaves as you can

3. Visit your local pumpkin patch

4. Enjoy S’mores over a fire in your backyard

5. Bake pumpkin cookies

6. make leaf and bark rubbings

7. Go on a Caterpillar hunt

8. Go to Corn Maze

9. Make an apple pie together

10. Carve pumpkins

11. Go on a hayride

12. Cook up some applesauce

13. collect things to make natural art with

14. Finish China project

15. roast pumpkin seeds

16. Make caramel apples

17. have a family movie (or game) night

18. Build a scarecrow

19. Trick or Treating

20. Tell some spooky stories

2teens2LOs
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM

bob for apples

go to a town fall festival

paint pumpkins- since they cant truly carve their own

and my fav- eat chilli! on a cool day :)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Quoting 2teens2LOs:

bob for apples

go to a town fall festival

paint pumpkins- since they cant truly carve their own

and my fav- eat chilli! on a cool day :)

Mmmmm...Chili!

We decorated a few pumkins a couple years ago instead of carving them.  We wrapped one with strips of cheesecloth to make a mummy.  You can really get creative!

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MamaDearie:

For me it usually means something (typically java, windows or my browser) is in the middle of updating.

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

DS added ride 2 new rollar coasters, go on a hay ride (or 2 or 3), have the scariest costume ever and beat all the levels in the video game he is currently playing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)