Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I NEED ADVICE ON A GOOD INEXPENSIVE KINDERGARDEN CURRICULUM PLEASE... =)

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM
  • 12 Replies
I GOT SONLIGHT FOR MY DAUGHTER BUT $750 FOR THE CURRICULUM I THINK IS WAYYYY TOO EXPENSIVE. I WILL BE SENDING THE WHOLE THIN BACK. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A GOOD,EASY,NOT EXPENSIVE KINDER PROGRAM? THANK YOU LADIES!!!! =)

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Bump
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you looked into the Easy Peasy Homeschool Curriculum? It's free.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I've heard good things about 5 in a Row, too.

MamaDearie
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM
We loved Christian Light! Their Kindergarten curriculum is very engaging and is VERY inexpensive. http://www.clp.org/ My daughter completed it quickly so I tried to use My Father's World Kindergarten to slow her down a bit. She grew bored and restless, said it wasn't hard enough, and asked for her 'old' curriculum again. So now we are doing CLE's first grade. Another aspect that makes it affordable- you can buy it in small pieces as you need it. That has really helped us here!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Halloween tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickers
Daisypath Christmas tickers
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I like this one and getting the books free from the library.

Quoting mem82:

I've heard good things about 5 in a Row, too.

JoshuasMommii
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
We like abeka its about half that price
oredeb
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM
3 moms liked this

do you think you really need a curr pkg?? or could you just do it yourself? with help from online sites? free!

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Memoria Press? Certainly less than $750. I think it's around $200.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

monkeybunns
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I don't do boxed curriculum but instead picked out what I like. I looked on Amazon, eBay, homeschoolclassifieds.com, locally, etc for deals and bought some things new and used. We decided on All About Learning for both reading and spelling, a reason for handwriting for kindergarten writing and now use draw write now and/or a daily handwriting review thing for handwriting, write shop for actual writing (I also recommend spectrum work books for many of these in K), Saxon math, Apologia science, Confessions of a Homeschooler (blog) for geography, music, and artist studies, we'll do art projects with Artistic Pursuits on alternating years or summer, some library books to learn about health and nature on non science days or here and there and history we've done story of the world but I'm trying a different one this year. I'd recommend doing some research in to what fits your kiddos and your teaching style. Most of our curriculum has very little prep work which fits me well and focuses on hands on learning or I adapt to make it that way. You could put together stuff yourself for free or very cheap or you can pick out what you don't want to put together yourself. I highly recommend the what your Kindergartener needs to know book as a spring board at least :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN