Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

All signed up for co-op!! Well...my hubby is :)

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

We went to registration night for our local co-op on Monday.  She will be in the Kindergarten class.  The co-op is only on Monday mornings.  I work every Monday so I won't be able to make it to any of them (except on my birthday, because I asked for that day off).  My hubby is one of VERY few dad's who is volunteering for the co-op, the rest are moms.  My hubby had to sign up to come in early one day and help set up and also stay late one day and help clean up (which he is doing the same day).  He also had to sign up to bring a snack for the adults on 2 different days.  He also had to sign up as an assisstant teacher for two block periods per *day (Monday).  He will be helping in the pre-school class one day and then I think Hands on Science with older elementary kids for another block period.  

Hubby says he is a little nervous, but hopefully it turns out to be fun for him! Fingers crossed for that!

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck to him! I only know one man personally that does the homeschooling. Good for him!
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

That is too cool that he is so involved!  Good luck to him!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:06 AM

That's great! My son wants to grow up to be a stay at home homeschooling dad,lol.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM

That rocks that your husband is doing it!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I think it is great that your Hubby is involved in her co-op!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Good for him.  Our co-op will not allow my husband near the kids because he is a non-believer.  So that kind of sucks.  But I do 99.9 %of the homeschooling myself so it is not to big of a deal.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM
If he doesn't sign the statement of faith then he can't teach a class, but he can be an assistant teacher and do the rest of the volunteering. This is our first term though and first term parents don't have to teach their own class, just assist.

Quoting debramommyof4:

Good for him.  Our co-op will not allow my husband near the kids because he is a non-believer.  So that kind of sucks.  But I do 99.9 %of the homeschooling myself so it is not to big of a deal.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Well at least your co-op put that in.  They do not want my husband there at all, which stinks because a lot of their kids are about to start highschool math and they were all saying how they wished they had someone who could do a class and I told them about my husband and they just ignored it.  He is gifted at math and surpaces even his college proffesors at times but they will not accept his help on a non christian subject just because he is not a christian. 

It frustrates me mainly because he wants to be involved.  He wants to help and he could but they are against it.  He would not go telling their kids there is no God.  He does not do it to ours.  So I do not see what the big deal is with math, but that is just me and they have every right.

Quoting armygirl16:

If he doesn't sign the statement of faith then he can't teach a class, but he can be an assistant teacher and do the rest of the volunteering. This is our first term though and first term parents don't have to teach their own class, just assist.

Quoting debramommyof4:

bether89
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM

We signed up for co-op for the first time this fall too.  It is so exciting.  I hope that your family enjoys it as much as ours does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN