Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How would your homeschool be different if your husband did it?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM
  • 35 Replies
What about your day or schedule change?
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM
My husband does do it. So I leave at 6:20am for work and get home at 5:30pm. Sometimes not everything I laid out for him gets done, but usually I will do it with her later :). He likes to have her do all her schoolwork at the kitchen table. I usually have her crawl in bed with me and do it lol (to get away from the dogs as a distraction).
coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM

If he was in charge....almost nothing would get done.  He doesn't pay attention to schedules like I do.  I have laid stuff out and my kids are using a boxed curriculum.....they didn't even finish half of that days work.  Let me tell you that they were mad that they had to finish the day befores stuff as well as current days stuff, when mom was back home the next day.  I think the girls gave him an ear full later in the day when they saw him and told him about how much work they had to do.

SusanTheWriter
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this

They'd be reading technical manuals and political thrillers for literature instead of Shakespeare! *gg*

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM

He would be taking him fishing everyday and none of the actual work would get done.

MotoStar
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:49 AM
3 moms liked this

There would be a lot of Minecraft playing, MythBusters watching, Hardware store shopping and Model building in the curriculum!

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM

He does help with it. I am the primary, but that's because I'm a SAHM. When he is home, he takes over for the day.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM

There would be a lot of crying, swearing and bleeding, on his part and theirs,lol. Almost nothing would get done. I know, I've asked for his help when I was sick. It's just better to give them the day off.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Quoting paganbaby:

There would be a lot of crying, swearing and bleeding, on his part and theirs,lol. Almost nothing would get done. I know, I've asked for his help when I was sick. It's just better to give them the day off.

Pretty much...this.

LOL!

Also he does teach them a bit.  Mostly he teaches wood-shop, electricity, soldering (yeah an 8 yo soldering!  DOH!), car repair and maintenance, etc. 

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM

This is just laughable. My dh turns a weird color if I suggest he might do this for a day, just to see what its like. Its not that he's not smart. He's scary smart. And he does help with math because he's a numbers guy, but to ask him to take over a whole day? It wouldn't happen. DD would be alright maybe, because she just grabs the planner and goes to her room with her backpack and does it on her own. But the guys would just do a small engine repair and call it a project.

JTE11
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Well, it would all have to happen on weekends or evenings when he is here, and he'd probably want to do everything under the sun on the laptop. He also has the attention span of a preschooler so I'm glad he doesn't do it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN