Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How would your homeschool be different if your husband did it?

Posted by   + Show Post
What about your day or schedule change?
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM

They would get up later, start later and not get as much done.  He would focus mostly on math and science.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha! Hubby is always lending a hand, a thought or two, or even a days worth of work or two. :) he does a superb job.
celticdragon77
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM

No husband. (no cry). 

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

It would be a disaster. He is very harsh generally feeling we are always "too easy" on the kids. His parents beat him but "not enough" for him to do his best is one of his beliefs.

Plus, when he explains something, he goes on and on and on and far afield. He can not stay on grade level or topic at all.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL So many of these sound like how it would work with my hubby.

BatMom.
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:14 PM
My husband would have quit the first day. He has little to no patience, and he even admits it. Which is why we don't do school when he's home and/or awake; he has a hard time not butting in. He's also admitted that. lol.
bether89
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM

If dh did the were in charge of the schooling, it would start earlier in the morning.  He would run a tighter schedule than I do.   His homeschool would be more like ps than mine. 

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Well probably (according to DH) they would get a lot more done and on time.  They would not fall behind at all and my house would be spotless, because we all know how easy it is to school and care for a home with a 6,4,and 2yo underfoot and be 8 months pregnant.......(insert my huge eye roll here!)

QueenCreole313
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM
There would be tears lots of tears!
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM
They would learn some amazing skills. My DH is very intelligent and has so much common sense it oozes out of him. They can learn so much more from him for life than they can from me. He would teach them car maintenance, home repair, culinary arts, gardening, prepping (bwahaha)...and loads of other good stuff, fishing, hunting, first aid. Seriously he could teach them anything. When he is doing stuff like that, he often will ask one or both to help him...but he usually would rather do it himself, it's quicker and easier, lol.

They wouldn't learn spelling or read literature, they wouldn't do writing or grammar. Math would only be in the moment real life math, which isn't bad but some things need to be taught before you can just use it. Science wouldn't be planned, but I'm sure they'd learn something. History would be the history channel and discussions beyond their years.

There would never be a plan. It would mostly just be real life stuff. OR he would go the extreme opposite and buy a boxed curriculum and make them do it all by the book since he wouldn't know how to plan a curriculum. So if he thought they should learn from books, it would be strictly from the book. I'm hoping between the two of us they will get a good balance of real life and book smarts. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)