Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How would your homeschool be different if your husband did it?

Posted by   + Show Post
What about your day or schedule change?
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (31-35):
tnt-manda
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:10 PM
He does do it once sometimes twice a week, but I lay it all out for them, even the boys know their assignments for the day, and I definitely do not introduce anything new, mostly review work, writing, cursive and reading. It works, Dh is pretty awesome.
MessedUpMama
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that either the kids or DH would quit after a day or two. He would want it more like a Brick and Mortar school, with a strict schedule and lots of work sheets. They would hate it, and in the end he would too. He likes to play with the kids, be the one who takes them to the park or down to the river, and let them play video games. But the way he feels about school wouldn't allow him to do much of that any more so he would end up quitting just so he could be the "fun" parent. LOL He also doesn't like to deal with them when they aren't getting along or when they are grumpy. He has very little patience with that kind of thing. That's why I'm at home with them and he goes to work. He knows he couldn't do what I do, and I know I couldn't do what he does. We compliment each other well.

luvcats406
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM

It would definitely be unschooling if he would do it.  He hates the structure of homeschooling.  He would do schooling the way he wanted it, no lesson plans or curriculum.  For him, one day would be reading, the next math.  He would use schoolhouse rock DVD.  

Precious333
by Julia on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Lots of video games, and no academics (reading, writing, math), youtube videos and probably sciencf projects, or working on his motorcycle. I'm sure thr kids.would love it!
tyely
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

It wouldn't be much different.  My husband fills in sometimes and does a great job.  He likes to have fun, but does make sure all the important things are covered.  We care a lot about our kids education :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN