Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
My phone had been ringing off the wall this morning. Luckily it's on silent so it hasn't disrupted dd but it's distracting me. Ds is in the mood to get into everything and has been disruptive to both of us though. On top of that my ex bil shows up and wants to chit chat, even after I told him we were doing school, and right in the middle of a test. So now we're all distracted and trying to refocus. This would make the second time this week someone has come over to chit chat, unannounced. Ugh! Ok vent over!
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
oredeb
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM

dont answer the door!!!hahahah sign: schools in session come back later

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I'm making one today.

Quoting oredeb:

dont answer the door!!!hahahah sign: schools in session come back later

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I'm seriously thinking about a fb status too.
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Honestly, I'd make a sign and hang it on my door if this were a constant issue. I'd pull my blinds and curtains. Then if anyone came to the door I'd just ignore it or tell them through the speaker holes to go away. I'm a witch that way.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Do over days is exactly my thinking. there should be a button we can press for this! Lol

Quoting usmom3:

Do overs are allowed & strongly encouraged at our house for everything!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

DH stayed home to do paperwork and fix his jeep.  BUT he did take the kids after lunch.  He told me I was cranky and tired and needed to go nap.  I swear I closed my eyes for a minute and 3 hours passed.  I guess he was right.

Quoting Dawn07:

Dh's hitch is over today so he'll be home for the next two weeks. Hopefully he'll help though.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Yeah, we had a rough morning today too.  DH is home and that always causes a case of the crazies.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I bet that was a good nap!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

DH stayed home to do paperwork and fix his jeep.  BUT he did take the kids after lunch.  He told me I was cranky and tired and needed to go nap.  I swear I closed my eyes for a minute and 3 hours passed.  I guess he was right.

Quoting Dawn07:

Dh's hitch is over today so he'll be home for the next two weeks. Hopefully he'll help though.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Yeah, we had a rough morning today too.  DH is home and that always causes a case of the crazies.

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Our day was thrown into utter chaos as I rushed out the door to an appointment....and when I got home I had to run over to the pool to clarify information that my SO was supposed to take care of (in all fairness I was actually expecting to have to do this) and then I get home to a messy house and my kids are driving me batty while I was trying to work.  I didn't even get dinner prepped or cooked and we ate out 3 hours later than we normally eat.  Ok, my vent is over too!!!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Look at Thursday trying to act like Monday lol.
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
These are teaching moments, mommas! We can teach our kids how to work with distractions, how to focus when the world doesn't cooperate. These are important life skills! Embrace the challenge lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN