Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My mom who is so against my homeschooling asked me today if a IPAD would help my son do his work...I am too worried that it will just end up a fight...already have to fight him for so much. Does any one use a IPAD for the schooling??

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Replies (11-13):
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM

We have 2 tablets a laptop & 3 desk top computers & we use most of them everyday. So Yes they are great tools to have but they are not required to learn.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Just as soon as we can, we are going to buy 7 tablets. Not sure which ones we will go with yet though. We travel a lot and also just started a new business and spend a lot of time at the office so am in need of them to stay on top of the school work we want to do.
Knightquester
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I don't see the need for them, but this isn't to say you can't use them for a good deal of academic purposes.  You can load your e-books on them that he can read, educational videos, and educational game apps.

An IPad is expensive, you could offer up the suggestion of helping her pay for a really decent computer for your son.  With a computer he can read his e-books, type his papers, go on educational websites to research, watch educational videos and play educational games from various educational websites.

I find a computer is a more logical purchase over a tablet, however I know many that would highly disagree, so it's to each their own.  To answer your question, yes an IPad can be educational, however it can also be a distraction, just like any other electronic device.  How useful one is depends on how you school and if you can get your son to focus on work when using it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN