Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

TGIF! What are you doing this weekend?

Posted by   + Show Post

Woot! TGIF, ladies. 8) It's my last weekend for a while that isn't filled with things to do which is awesome. How about you?

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Replies (31-38):
oredeb
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM

whats a lock in mem?

Quoting mem82:

Well, my daughter is going to a lock in tonight and the younger kids are having a movie night. That's about it for us. I do have to pick up some popcorn for Scouts tomorrow, but everything else is basically free. I think I am going to get some yard work done before the weather completely goes over to Fall. Maybe do a little Fall cleaning, too.

We want to hit up the apple farm on Wednesday since it's our Johnny Appleseed week. 8)

Quoting Knightquester:

So, what are you and your family up to this weekend mem?

Quoting mem82:

Woot! TGIF, ladies. 8) It's my last weekend for a while that isn't filled with things to do which is awesome. How about you?

oredeb
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:00 PM

sure hope that ankle is better

Quoting No_Difference:

My daughter had her first 4H meeting today and loved it :) (I think its all homeschooled kids too because the meeting was at 2, which is at least an hour before school lets out YAY! lol). The community we live in is doing a yard sale. I'm hoping a bunch of people do it...I saved a lot of crap that has GOT to go.... So thats what we're for sure doing tomorrow (while keepign our fingers crossed the rain holds off).  I don't know if we'll do it on Sunday too or not... 
I sprained my ankle pretty bad and possibly tore a few tendons so we're going to see how I'm feeling Sunday. Monday I go in to get it looked at again and the MRI scheduled.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

The Youth Group and parents or adults get *locked in* at the church. It's kind of like a sleep over at the church.

Quoting oredeb:

whats a lock in mem?

Quoting mem82:

Well, my daughter is going to a lock in tonight and the younger kids are having a movie night. That's about it for us. I do have to pick up some popcorn for Scouts tomorrow, but everything else is basically free. I think I am going to get some yard work done before the weather completely goes over to Fall. Maybe do a little Fall cleaning, too.

We want to hit up the apple farm on Wednesday since it's our Johnny Appleseed week. 8)

Quoting Knightquester:

So, what are you and your family up to this weekend mem?

Quoting mem82:

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I do retail for so little stuff (like socks and undies).  I told the woman in charge there that shopping retail makes me feel ill.  I got 33 kids pieces.....pants, jammies, shirts, a jumper and 2 maternity tops for me (because apparently having 7 weeks left I had to get something LOL) and one baby care bear for little miss just because she saw a baby and had to have it.  For $34.50.

Yeah, I love some good consignment sales!

Quoting mem82:

I'm jealous! I like consignment sales.

Quoting jwhit8791:

Today boys have swim lessons and while they are there, DD and I will be doing a little clothes shopping at the consignment sale.  Then while DH mows the lawn, we are making up some school.  (ssshhhh don't tell the kids yet, they don't know.  LOL)

Tomorrow we have church and meeting with a doula in the afternoon.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM

We cleaned house this morning.  This evening we are sitting down to plan out our Disney trip and dh is watching a football game.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:30 PM

DISNEY!

Quoting bether89:

We cleaned house this morning.  This evening we are sitting down to plan out our Disney trip and dh is watching a football game.

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Writing a paper about the four stages of the transformational learning process.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I got the MRI but they still have me on crutches and an air cast til they can full look them over :(. I had a horrible muscle spasm for the last half of the MRI and I think they were only able to get 2 clear images :/ I really hope they just say, "Ah screw it...you can walk on it again!" lol. I have a really hard time justifying crutches and bandages when it doesn't hurt.  Every now and then it hurts a little when I don't wear the air cast...but don't tel the doc I said that ;) LOL

Quoting oredeb:

sure hope that ankle is better

Quoting No_Difference:

My daughter had her first 4H meeting today and loved it :) (I think its all homeschooled kids too because the meeting was at 2, which is at least an hour before school lets out YAY! lol). The community we live in is doing a yard sale. I'm hoping a bunch of people do it...I saved a lot of crap that has GOT to go.... So thats what we're for sure doing tomorrow (while keepign our fingers crossed the rain holds off).  I don't know if we'll do it on Sunday too or not... 
I sprained my ankle pretty bad and possibly tore a few tendons so we're going to see how I'm feeling Sunday. Monday I go in to get it looked at again and the MRI scheduled.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN