Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I plan on giving my daughter a REAL high school experience.

Posted by   + Show Post

I was having a conversation with one of the moms at school while I was waiting to pick up 6yo dd. I was telling her that I had recently pulled 13yo dd out of school and was homeschooling her. What followed was one of the funniest conversations I've had in a while,lol.

Lady: Are you homeschooling her through high school?

Me: More than likely, yeah.

Lady: But she'll miss out on so much! She won't have the high school experiance!

Me: Oh don't worry about that. I have it all planned out. I'm going to shove her in the hallway, knock her books out of her hands, steal her lunch money and call her names. *All of this was said in a very serious voice*

Lady *Jaw drop*

Me: *Laughing* I'm just messin with you. She'll be fine. And quite honestly there are plenty of high school experiances I don't want her having.

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
oredeb
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

hahahahahahhahahahahhaaha

oredeb
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM

my kids missed the prom also, but they didnt care!hahahha

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

While I agree that there are many high school experiences I'm glad my eldest will miss, I'll be one to say that I actually enjoyed high school; my husband even more enjoyed it. I'm grateful that our local co-ops are large enough that there are several opportunities for things like yearbooks/yearbook clubs, sports, proms, etc.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I think it's likely prom is only fun if you have a group of friends you hang out with. I didn't enjoy mine. My mother wanted me to really bad and that's the only reason why I did go.

My girl refused to go to the homeschool prom but my son went and hated it.

Quoting paganbaby:

One of the things that does give me pause is prom. I missed my prom, so did my sister and mom. That's one thing I really did want her to experiance :-(

Jenn8604
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM
My sister went to prom with a friend.
I hate dresses so I didn't care that i never went.

Quoting paganbaby:

One of the things that does give me pause is prom. I missed my prom, so did my sister and mom. That's one thing I really did want her to experiance :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I went to homecoming once but not prom. I'm not sure I missed out on anything. It's a conclusion that I eventually came to years later in life. After having kids of my own. It's all in what you put value and importance on, that matters. I wish that I had learned that as a youngster.
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL

Precious333
by Julia on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM
That was one thing i actually i wouldnt hace mind missing out on. I actually went to.prom with my now husband, but in all honesty, it was a terrible night. It was fun getting dressed up though. I guess it all depends in your personaly prom experience.

Quoting paganbaby:

coala
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I love your wit!!!  BTW I went to 3 proms....the only one I had a good time at was the one where I went with my BFF's and not a date.  I went my Sophmore year...with a BF, Junior year with BFF's, and Senior year with previous BF.  My senior prom was the worst b/c he didn't even want me dancing with my friends.  I was so sad that I missed out on what could have been an amazing night.  BTW your right..there are so many experiences we don't want them having, but there are a few that we all wish could be a little different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)