Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I plan on giving my daughter a REAL high school experience.

Posted by   + Show Post

I was having a conversation with one of the moms at school while I was waiting to pick up 6yo dd. I was telling her that I had recently pulled 13yo dd out of school and was homeschooling her. What followed was one of the funniest conversations I've had in a while,lol.

Lady: Are you homeschooling her through high school?

Me: More than likely, yeah.

Lady: But she'll miss out on so much! She won't have the high school experiance!

Me: Oh don't worry about that. I have it all planned out. I'm going to shove her in the hallway, knock her books out of her hands, steal her lunch money and call her names. *All of this was said in a very serious voice*

Lady *Jaw drop*

Me: *Laughing* I'm just messin with you. She'll be fine. And quite honestly there are plenty of high school experiances I don't want her having.

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
BrettsMommy927
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM

When my DS Turns 8 i have to file the leter of intent and have atleast 45 college credits in order to be able to still homeschool him. :-( Unfortunately, if i do not move, he will get a highschool experience...

Koltie6
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Prom is not usually not that great. I went just long enough to take pictures and left. We went to the beach wirh friends and drank beer.
housewifehell
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol this is so funny!  And I wouldn't worry too much about prom it is usually not what its made out to be anyway the two I went to sucked so bad it was just a waste of time for me and money,

SusanTheWriter
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Gracious! What state are you in?

Quoting BrettsMommy927:

When my DS Turns 8 i have to file the leter of intent and have atleast 45 college credits in order to be able to still homeschool him. :-( Unfortunately, if i do not move, he will get a highschool experience...

StepDucky
by Sarah on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh I went to prom.... I wish I could erase it from my memory. Full of unneeded drama. 

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Yes. I've never heard of that. I would like to know your state too.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Gracious! What state are you in?

Quoting BrettsMommy927:

justahousewife
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM

lol way too funny. I'd give anything to see that conversation in person. 

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I'd love to! But I have no idea how in the world I would get started :-(

And yeah, dh went to his and he said it wasn't worth it either. It would be nice for her to have a dance of some sort though.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Maybe you could start a small high school homeschool group, or teen group.  Then you could coordinate a prom.  I planned the father/daughter ball at our elementary school all 4 years DD was there, so I this is right up my ally ;)  but it could be so fun!  And I bet all the teens around would appreciate it!

Prom was one thing that made me stop and question it too.  I missed mine, and don't care so much now.  DH went to one and he says it's not even worth the money and effort.  I still hope my kids can do a dance or something though.  The thing about hsers is that it doesn't have to cost hundreds of dollars for them to have a good time!

I LOVE your remarks to the lady, I'm storing that in the back of my mind.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Is there anything offered for hs'ers in your area?  Classes?  Get togethers?

Quoting paganbaby:

And yeah, dh went to his and he said it wasn't worth it either. It would be nice for her to have a dance of some sort though.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Maybe you could start a small high school homeschool group, or teen group.  Then you could coordinate a prom.  I planned the father/daughter ball at our elementary school all 4 years DD was there, so I this is right up my ally ;)  but it could be so fun!  And I bet all the teens around would appreciate it!

Prom was one thing that made me stop and question it too.  I missed mine, and don't care so much now.  DH went to one and he says it's not even worth the money and effort.  I still hope my kids can do a dance or something though.  The thing about hsers is that it doesn't have to cost hundreds of dollars for them to have a good time!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM

The only one I found was for elementary school-agers.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Is there anything offered for hs'ers in your area?  Classes?  Get togethers?

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN