Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today's reason for homeschooling: School bus driver caught texting while driving..

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

Here is the story:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/school-bus-driver-suspended-cellphone-video-shows-her-133738455--abc-news-topstories.html

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't read it but I know that most people text & drive so I am not surprised that a bus driver is doing! The schools should have one of those devices installed that blocks the phone from working when the bus is moving, they have them for cars, people put them in their teens cars all the time.

oredeb
by debbie on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM

oh wow how dumb, just makes sense not to do that while driving others kids

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't stand people who text and drive!  I would be pissed if someone was driving my son around and did it!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Okay. I'm not one for policy but, when so many people are trusting the very lives of their children to one person, you expect that person to be extremely dependable, reliable and above all, trustworthy. So, why in the world would a bus driver be texting at all? If there were an emergency, he/she would make a phone call. Not text. That means that texting is outside the call of duty and not permissible in such a position as a bus driver's.
I would not put or allow my child to get back on a bus until I knew that this would not happen again. Simple as that.
amanda.lyn
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Good grief...
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I did not know they had those! Shoot, when dd starts driving bet me if I don't install one.

Quoting usmom3:

I didn't read it but I know that most people text & drive so I am not surprised that a bus driver is doing! The schools should have one of those devices installed that blocks the phone from working when the bus is moving, they have them for cars, people put them in their teens cars all the time.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM

So glad my PS dd doesn't take the bus. That's just sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)