Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Baby girl dropped! Not off topic I promise :)

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Baby girl has dropped and BOY do I feel better. My body was having a hard time keeping up because of my frame being small. I've gained 11 lbs and I'm 33 weeks 2 days.
Monday I went to the dr and she was concerned because I haven't gained since my last appointment. She did a growth scan and said that the baby was in the 23rd percentile and that my fluid was below average. Maybe I was worried, but Tuesday my blood pressure went up. My normal is 90/64 ish and it went up to 125/72 and my pulse was 100...these were when I woke up from a nap.
So needless to say, we got behind a little this week. I know we don't have to always stay on track, but this was the 1st time we hadn't done everything I planned on doing. I'm such a planner and organizer! But this week helped me realize that we have no control over things like this. I'm trying to stay on a "schedule" so when baby girl gets here we can take time off. Plus harvest is coming up and we'll be busy, busy, busy! So anyways....how was your week? Sorry for writing a book...haha
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Replies (11-17):
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Congratulations!  You are right about where I am at and it is hard to get it all done.  DS keeps complaining to me that he isn't getting enough playtime right now, and I told him don't worry!  Once this little girl comes, you will probably get so much time off that you will be begging to do school.  LOL

CafeMom Tickers
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I agree with not worrying about staying on track. I have homeschooled officially for about 3 years and I had my youngest in that time. I have also went to the hospital for a week due to a kidney infection. just take it a step at a time. Educational tv and talking about stuff is your friend. Sometimes just discussing the weather, something they see on tv, or over hear in a conversation can make the best lessons and they always remember it.
Britty1987
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't too sure either this week lol. But I feel so much better now. I'm caught up on *almost* everything so I'm taking a little breather this morning :) our church is throwing us a baby shower tomorrow so this week I'll be busy washing up everything and getting last minute things together :)

Quoting kmath:

So glad you are feeling a bit better!  Not sure how you manage all of it with being pregnant too, major props! 

Britty1987
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks! I can't wait for her to get here! I'm the only girl in my family (out of siblings and 1st cousins on both sides) and she will be the 1st girl since I was born!
I hope you hop on the boat soon :)

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I'm jealous ;). I try not to be but I am going to the miss the boat if we don't start trying soon.

You are so tiny, I love the baby bump. Don't worry about missing a few things, they learn constantly. Think of how much they will learn just having the new baby around :). Enjoy it, hope the rest of your pregnancy and everything else goes nice and smoothly for you!

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM

LOL, sounds like a great weekend!  Good luck getting everything done! 

Quoting Britty1987:

I wasn't too sure either this week lol. But I feel so much better now. I'm caught up on *almost* everything so I'm taking a little breather this morning :) our church is throwing us a baby shower tomorrow so this week I'll be busy washing up everything and getting last minute things together :)

Quoting kmath:

So glad you are feeling a bit better!  Not sure how you manage all of it with being pregnant too, major props! 

Britty1987
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Thanks! Relaxing is easier said than done but now that calving is almost done and its not harvest yet I have a little more time :)

Quoting kirbymom:

Ohh cute bump you have there! I am now both jealous and relieved. :)

You'd be surprised at how much children soak up. You could even use this as a health class/lesson as you do school. Relax, have fun, do what you can when you can. :)

Britty1987
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Yes, each one is different!

Quoting BrettsMommy927:

Whew! Being pregnant is a lerning experience in its own hahaha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)