Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

When does your homeschool day start?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 26 Replies

When does your homeschooling day start?

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Depends on the day, the weeks I don't work in the am we start around 9:30, the weeks I do work in the am we usually start around 8:30.

PurpleCupcake
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

8:30 to 3:00

JadensMommy2
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Between 9-10.  I need time to drink my coffee, lol. 

TidewaterClan
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Our day is usually 9-3 with an hour break for lunch & recess.  We did start an hour later Wednesday because they were watching a show about kittens. :)

PurpleCupcake
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I was able to sneak documentaries in at lunch time. Kids love it. They have no idea they are still doing school work on thier break.

shh

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Our day is usually 9-3 with an hour break for lunch & recess.  We did start an hour later Wednesday because they were watching a show about kittens. :)

tnt-manda
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Somewhere between 8 &9.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Around 1 or 2pm.  I try to put DS down for a nap first.  Then I usually have DD listen to a read along book first so that I have a moment to prep the next thing, usually a writing activity.

TidewaterClan
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL, those kittens have to count as the front end of the animal life cycle!  They watched from birth up to 12 weeks. :D

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I was able to sneak documentaries in at lunch time. Kids love it. They have no idea they are still doing school work on thier break.

shh

Quoting TidewaterClan:

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM

LOL, D always asks to watch a documentary or Magic School Bus during his lunch break!

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

shh

Quoting TidewaterClan:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Between 7-7:30.  I like to get started during breakfast while I have a captive audience, so that's 7.  When it's sloppy (oatmeal) then it's 7:30.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)