Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

When does your homeschool day start?

Posted by   + Show Post

When does your homeschooling day start?

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM

9am sometimes as late as 10am if the morning goes bumpy

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Little Guy usually wakes up around 7, so 7:30, and then about 9 with Jamie.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM
About 7-7:30am. My dd does better in the morning.
StepDucky
by Sarah on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

9-10ish... I thought I would stricter on the start time, but I find its nice not to worry. My son loves that he can sleep until he wakes. Since we start so late, he gets to stay up later...which means more time with Dad. 

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM
We usually start around 8, sometimes 8:30. I'm not super strict on the start time, but I do usually leave for work around 2:15-2:30 so I like to be done by 1:30 so I can get ready. Today I slept until 8:30 getting rid of my 3 day migraine, so we didn't start until after 9. Fridays are light anyway and I didn't have to work today so no big deal.

I didn't work yesterday either, missed work for the first time at this new job and I've only been there 6 weeks :/ hopefully this won't be a monthly thing like it was last school year, I thought I got the migraines under control. I did enjoy not having to go to work today after schoolwork, and I got more done! Lol. But the income is nice.
Aleshad01
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Around 8:30
JadeTigr7
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Usually between 8:30-9am.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:28 PM

My kids are adults now and one is in college, the other one is looking for work so we don't homeschool anymore. When we did, we started at noon when I woke them up. I didn't mind them sleeping in but to get the extra curricular stuff done they needed to at least be up by then.

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Whenever we get up and get started. Typically we are up around 8:30 and DD starts classwork by 9:30.

MacMamaof5
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Whatever the flow is.  Only ONCE before breakfast time has it got started before 9 a.m.--and the rest of times it's not until about 10/11ish.  I have little ones that demand attention and I make sure they have their playtime first thing.  So to start "school", they may get PBS kids and that's what everyone watches until breakfast.  Then the day gets started right after clearing the table.  I put an art project in front of them to complete as I read the bible lesson to them.  We are done (depending on the cooperation and willingness to do the work) by 2:30-3:00 right before lunch.  The reading can be afterward or as I am preparing lunch.  But when we get started, we go until it's done unless I see the pent up energy and take about 30 minutes to an hour for outside time--in which it MAY go until 4pm--but never later.  But even then, I grab the sidwalk chalk and their books and do lessons outside. I sneak them in with each child until it's completed.  Yeah, I know, it's a late day...but it's MY home school...lol!  AND I'm pregnant!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)