Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

When does your homeschool day start?

Posted by   + Show Post

When does your homeschooling day start?

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Replies (21-26):
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:16 AM
We usually start between 9-10.
MotoStar
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM

We usually start arount 9 or 9:30 in the morning. After breakfast.

I'm having a Giveaway!

Who doesn't like free stuff?!

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM

We have three kids, and I work full time, so our schedule is a bit odd.  I get up at 5:30 to do a few chores and get ready for the day.  Depending on the day, our 14-year-old is supposed to get up at 4:30 or 6 am to get started on reading on his own when the house is quiet (his choice, BTW, not mine).   Our 6-year-old gets up at around 6:15, and I work with him doing reading, writing and/or math while my husband gets breakfast ready.  Often we're done with half or more of the 6-year-old's  "basics" even before he sits down to eat.   Our 12-year-old daughter needs more sleep, and she tends to be a night owl, so her day for "school work" never starts earlier than about 8:30 and often it's more like 9 or even 9:30. 

Britty1987
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Between 8 and 9 on the days we don't have PE or Bible study. On the days we do, we don't start till after lunch :)
JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Good luck!  I HATE migraines.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

We usually start around 8, sometimes 8:30. I'm not super strict on the start time, but I do usually leave for work around 2:15-2:30 so I like to be done by 1:30 so I can get ready. Today I slept until 8:30 getting rid of my 3 day migraine, so we didn't start until after 9. Fridays are light anyway and I didn't have to work today so no big deal.

I didn't work yesterday either, missed work for the first time at this new job and I've only been there 6 weeks :/ hopefully this won't be a monthly thing like it was last school year, I thought I got the migraines under control. I did enjoy not having to go to work today after schoolwork, and I got more done! Lol. But the income is nice.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM
We start about 8 and go to about 12. Atleast we try
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN