Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Life of Fred? Have you used it?

Posted by   + Show Post

Wondering who has used it and what did you think?  I would like to know how comprehensive it is, as some reviews say it should only be used as a supplement and others say it is fine to use as a core.

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Replies (11-15):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

We love it and us it as core.  My kiddos are 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th.  My pre-k guy doesn't use it.  We supplement with math games and fun times, but it's what we use as our core.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I would never use it as a core. A fun supplement sure, but my good-at-math daughter hated it; she said the math was lost in the silly story. Not much review.

Most I know, who use it, use it as a supplement.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I was going to use it as a core but it's considered discovery math, meaning you are given problems before being taught how to solve them.  My daughter doesn't like that so we use it as a supplement.

trish1432
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
We use it as a supplement. I personally don't think it's comprehensive enough to be used alone. Our core is time4learning.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

We love it!!  We use it as a supplement with Math U See.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN