Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

We started August 1st.  My "freshly" 6 year old read his first book today.  He is one of those hyper, gotta be active while I am learning kind of kids so I thought it would take longer....but he's doing it.  He says he wants to wait until he's grown up a little more before we tell daddy though.  I think he's a bit of a perfectionist, too.

Share your proud moment with us!happy

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Replies (11-13):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 5:19 PM

So happy for you and for him.  What a beautiful moment to share!!!!!!!

MacMamaof5
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoS3mTj5SJXIA10uJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTFxNzgybmR1BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM1YmE3NTVlYmQ3MjY0NTRmNmI0ZjFjYTI1NDA2NjgzZARncG9zAzI-?

This is the set of Phonics Books that we are on...Animal Antics  written by Nora Gaydos and Illustrated by BB Sams.

Quoting jwhit8791:

I have watched many times when my 6yo schools my 4yo.  Lately it is in math......like Hey Ben, do you know what 9+4 is?  Too cool to see.

If you don't mind me asking.....what type of book was it?  I am working on my 6yo to start trying to read by himself a little but he gets frustrated if there are any words on the page that he doesn't know or can't figure out.  Wondering what some good books to start him off on might be.

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Thank you.  I will look into this since so far the readers that I have seen at the library don't seem to be where he is at yet.

Quoting MacMamaof5:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoS3mTj5SJXIA10uJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTFxNzgybmR1BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM1YmE3NTVlYmQ3MjY0NTRmNmI0ZjFjYTI1NDA2NjgzZARncG9zAzI-?

This is the set of Phonics Books that we are on...Animal Antics  written by Nora Gaydos and Illustrated by BB Sams.

Quoting jwhit8791:

I have watched many times when my 6yo schools my 4yo.  Lately it is in math......like Hey Ben, do you know what 9+4 is?  Too cool to see.

If you don't mind me asking.....what type of book was it?  I am working on my 6yo to start trying to read by himself a little but he gets frustrated if there are any words on the page that he doesn't know or can't figure out.  Wondering what some good books to start him off on might be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)