Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you use an electronic/ online planner or a paper one?

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you like it?

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Paper.  I use a seperate planner for each boy.  When I taught PS I felt much more accountable with my paper planner than with my online one, so I stayed old school when I started hsing.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Paper one.  I have a planner I got free from Lakeshore learning that I really like and I use a 3-ring binder with loose leaf paper to track what we did each day, I then punch holes in worksheets she completed and add that behind the day's completed list page.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I print out Donna Youngs weekly planner for each of my children and they work off of that.
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

For those who prefer paper, I  loved the corebooks from Tanglewood. They no longer print them, but you can get the PDF for $5.95. http://tanglewoodeducation.com/corebook.htm

For me, using paper worked well until I started thinking about how to put together a good transcript for colleges. Between that and the fact that Tanglewood stopped printing their corebook, I switched to the free version of HST when DD was in 6th grade. By 8th grade I wanted to play around with the full version so I had more control over and ease of making a transcript.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:32 PM
This is my first year and I had intended on being a school teacher, so I had a lesson planner that I got when a teacher supply store went out of business. So I just made that work, I tried a bunch of other things, but I kept going back to that, so I'm sticking with it now.

So I just fill it in (DS has a section, together in the middle, then DDs section, across two pages). Then I type a to do list with little squares for the week for each of them. They check it as they go. Then I keep those lists as my record of what they did, and they keep actual notebooks and binders for subjects and put their work in there so we can make a portfolio at the end of the year. I also check it off in my planner as they do it so I can see what they have left for the day.

It's kind of extra work I guess, but I like having that hard copy that I write (and filling in the sections lets me see what I've planned and what I haven't) and giving them the checklists to help keep them responsible for doing their work.

It works, for now.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I use both.  I have a paper one so I don't lose any important info.  I have had that happen before.  I use a online calender so I can share important info with other homeschoolers for classes that I am teaching and coordinating at my co-op.  I love them both.

puglove029
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Paper

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Neither. I don't use a planner. I tried the first couple of years, but by week 4 Im completely forgetting to write anything down.
MammaG08
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I use this one:  http://donnayoung.org/f13/planner-f/f-school-pdf/week.pdf

It has the option of typing it in too, which is  what I like (nice and neat, and takes up less space!) 

I like that it has a little box for each subject on every day of the week. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I use excel and do weekly assignment sheets for the kids with it and use those for my record.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN